Atlanta Hawks 2024-2025 season thread

Superstar
Daps
I was at the game. I’m a fan of hooping, and the hawks, so I don’t really care if we’re having a losing season.

I’ve been watching the hawks and rockets since 1991. I haven’t seen the fans give up on the hawks, in person, since lorenzen wright was a starter lol.

They just didn’t have a lot of fight in them tonight. Trae is usually the only one with the killer instinct but tonight nobody had it. There seems to be an identity problem with the team, along with a darker mood tonight.

The refs were trash, one in particular straight up ignored a bunch of shyt in the first half until we started threatening and roasting him in the crowd lol. Like shyt would happen in his face and he’d turn his head the other way.

It’s not to shyt on the wizards. They came to hoop with nothing to lose. Avdija and Kuz were driving into the lane like prime bron. no one was stopping them, foul trouble or not.

We need bigger wings and a physical team we can lean on to bully inside when shots aren’t falling. I’d also love to see us use the midrange again. Trae would usually work that area in past season. Tonight I saw him hesitate to look for 3’s. The rest of the team didn’t even look for spots inside he threw. It was like the coach wanted them to either get it at the rim or shoot three’s (I hate that philosophy).

No one was going up that strong either. Their bigs were owning the paint and out rebounding us. Ownership and staff needs to let that “we want to be the warriors jr” mentality go, spend some money, and build a big physical two way team whether they want to stick with trae or not.

Superstar
Daps
The team owners seem to envision finesse and shooting without considering the subtle grit and anger that helps the warriors do what they do.

If they want to build around trae and/or JJ they need a Myles Turner and the most athletic, long, evil, diabolic screen setting wing defenders money can buy.

JJ doesn’t have the confidence or mean streak to lead, but he’d be a nice 3rd option/complement to someone really dominant. He still hesitates and comes down the lane like he doesn’t want to hurt anyone. He rebounds like he’s scared to get punched in the face if pushes too hard.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The team owners seem to envision finesse and shooting without considering the subtle grit and anger that helps the warriors do what they do.

If they want to build around trae and/or JJ they need a Myles Turner and the most athletic, long, evil, diabolic screen setting wing defenders money can buy.

JJ doesn’t have the confidence or mean streak to lead, but he’d be a nice 3rd option/complement to someone really dominant. He still hesitates and comes down the lane like he doesn’t want to hurt anyone. He rebounds like he’s scared to get punched in the face if pushes too hard.

The team owner fired one of the best GMs we ever had & someone well respected around the league…brought in a young GM in Landry Fields, & gave his son a front office position. Trae & the sons owners are buddies & I bet he’s secretly running this shyt show

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Seriously, why isn't Murray working?
Because he's a Point Guard. It's really that simple :manny:

If you want to get into details:

-Trae is a fukkin ball hog
-Snyder has all but outlawed the midrange game that's Murray's bread and butter
-Our defensive scheme is shytflakes and doesn't allow him to roam and play passing lanes

But really 90% of the problem is he's playing out of position. Contrary to what modern NBA would lead you to believe, positions are still very much a thing.

He could be called a combo guard, sure, but that only really works next to another combo guard(i.e., Lowry/VanVleet in Toronto). A combo guard next to a "pure" point aint shyt but an undersized 2 :ld: