Assassins Creed Origins, set in Egypt, 2017

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
http://kotaku.com/sources-next-big-assassins-creed-set-in-egypt-skippin-1750937895

Originally Posted byJason Schreier

The next Assassin’s Creed, which we believe is set in ancient Egypt and code-named Empire, won’t launch until 2017, according to both a new online rumor and sources speaking to Kotaku. One person familiar with Ubisoft’s upcoming gaming plans told me this afternoon that the decision to delay Empire from fall 2016 was made after 2014’s disappointing Unity, and that this bump will allow the development team more room to improve and polish the game. The source said this bi-annual approach could be a new trend for Assassin’s Creed, which has suffered from franchise fatigue in recent years.

Originally Posted byJason Schreier

Rumors about Empire originated this morning on the ***** boards, of all places, where an anonymous poster claiming to be a developer at Ubisoft wrote that Assassin’s Creed would be skipping this year and that 2017’s big game would be set in Egypt. Although I haven’t been able to confirm the veracity of this ***** poster—whose posts are compiled onNeoGAF here—everything he wrote matches up with what I’ve heard independently for months.

I’d heard last year from three different people familiar with goings-on at Ubisoft that the next big Assassin’s Creed would be set in ancient Egypt. Since this morning, two other independent sources have contacted me to corroborate that. I heard about the code name Empire from two of those sources. Three of them told me the game would indeed launch in 2017. Months ago, one source told me the game would also take place in ancient Rome, although that may have changed; the ***** poster says some sections had been removed from the game. (“There are talks about making a trilogy of this same character, so they might explore Greece/Rome next,” the poster wrote.)

Nice to see them actually take a year off with AC for once.

But let see how they handle the Egyptian setting.:mjpls:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Im glad they're taking that extra year to hopefully bring something new & refreshing to the table. That annual title shyt was just not gonna work out. Egypt should be an excellent setting. I dont think they'll be on that :mjpls: with the protagonist/cast but stranger things have happened. Would be dope to play as a true Egyptian though

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
@Ubisoft

giphy.gif