Assassin's Creed Black Flag Remake in the works, according to Kotaku sources

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
Ubisoft is doubling down on its most popular franchises, including Assassin’s Creed. Kotaku has learned that strategy now includes a remake of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, the 18th-century pirate fantasy period piece, and one of the more fondly remembered entries in the series. It’s what many fans have asked for every time they see a new trailer for Skull and Bones, Ubisoft’s other pirate game long trapped in development hell.

According to two sources familiar with the plans who asked not to be named because they were not authorized to discuss them, a remake of the 2013 cross-gen PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 game is still in its earliest stages and will not be complete for at least a few years. A team at Ubisoft Singapore, one of the studios that has led development on the Assassin’s Creed franchise’s evolving ocean tech, will be heavily involved in helping to modernize the Caribbean-based sailing game.

A spokesperson for Ubisoft declined to comment.

At this stage, it’s not yet clear how much of the underlying gameplay and systems will grow to fit the more sprawling open-world RPG mold of recent big-budget Assassin’s Creed releases like Odyssey and Valhalla. But given Black Flag’s emphasis on ship-to ship combat, one of the most popular aspects of the game, there’s a lot of room to turn a new version of the game into something more dramatic than a simple “next-gen” remaster on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.
LinedFlippantHippopotamus-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I'll play it since I loved BF but it's whatever. I just can't bring myself to care about a videogame that's two to three years away, especially today.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:blessed:
I'm here for it.
Hopefully they do the same for AC 3, or at least go back to that time period