As Someone Who Never Really Got Into Dragon Ball Z...

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
The storyline is pretty condensed. Although to be fair, you can't compare it to the OG anime because alot of the shyt in the anime was filler.

Overall it's a fun game though

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
What are you trying to accomplish? You want to learn the story or you just want to play with the characters?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The DBZ games other than FighterZ are mediocre at best. If you didnt watch the show and have no connection with the characters then that game wont do anything for you.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you’re tryna immerse yourself into the characters/stories the games arent gonna do it for you.

i cant remember the last time they tried to fully combine both into the games.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I gave my 8 year old cousin the game and he became a huge DBZ fan after playing it. He beat the game like 4 or 5 times in a row.

I showed him the show after playing it and he originally thought it was boring because the game conditioned him to believe that the show is constant balls to the wall action. He's into it now though, he had to get through a few eps to "get it"

So if he's any example then yeah you might enjoy playing it, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll like the show, and the show has dramatically more content in the story and plot that the game skips over.

The DBZ games other than FighterZ are mediocre at best. If you didnt watch the show and have no connection with the characters then that game wont do anything for you.

Leave the Budokai series out of this. :ufdup:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Leave the Budokai series out of this.
If the budokai series came out and wasn't a DBZ game, it would have been forgotten like most of the trash 3d fighters from that era.

You enjoyed those games because of the source material, not because of solid, balanced, and fun gameplay mechanics.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
If the budokai series came out and wasn't a DBZ game, it would have been forgotten like most of the trash 3d fighters from that era.

You enjoyed those games because of the source material, not because of solid, balanced, and fun gameplay mechanics.

Well the source material makes it what it is, no doubt. But as a fighter it's a cut above complete trash like some of those mortal kombat games at the time.

I wouldn't even think FighterZ would be that good if it wasn't a DBZ game. I much prefer Arcsys other outings like Granblue Fantasy and GG in terms of gameplay. But since its DBZ its > those games for me :yeshrug:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Well the source material makes it what it is, no doubt. But as a fighter it's a cut above complete trash like some of those mortal kombat games at the time
I disagree, while the 3d mortal kombat outings were mostly trash, they still had some type of sound fighting mechanics to fall back on. In Budokai the fights boiled down to who you picked and the items you equip. Mechanics mean nothing when your opponent could just pick ssj4 goku/vegeta or use a senzu bean to recover full life.

To someone who isnt a DBZ fan like OP, those games would have no appeal.
I wouldn't even think FighterZ would be that good if it wasn't a DBZ game. I much prefer Arcsys other outings like Granblue Fantasy and GG in terms of gameplay. But since its DBZ its > those games for me :yeshrug:

That's your opinion, while you might think the game isnt as good mechanically compared to arsys other franchises, it's still the best recent 3V3 fighting game since MvC dropped the ball and the mechanics are sound and fun even if you arent a fan of the show. It's still a top tier fighting game alongside mortal kombat, street fighter, tekken, etc.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I think the game does a good job of condensing the story for newbs. U wont get everything but its enough where u can fill in the gaps by watching some youtube videos.

The game is best enjoyed by a true DBZ fan tho

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You not gonna get that early raw dragonball feel playing that game when it was still somewhat grimey. :dame:

90edb5d1cfa5d3ac6212f522d983b912.gif

YipeAZ.gif

pcEc0E.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif