As of July 2022, Triangle Strategy is GOTY

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
project-triangle-strategy-1536x862.jpg

Nintendo got one with thia title and the 2D title is shytting on any release so far this year. The story is a 10/10 and the battle mode is top notch.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its a very good game. I dont think it will be in my top 5 by years end, especially with other strategy games coming out soon

Solid 8 for me

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Game is incredible straight up.

Released at the worst time possible. If it dropped a month ago instead of the same time as ER/HFW, the narrative is entirely different. Most reviewers never even played this shyt beyond the demo.

Its better than FE:3H too. I was on the fence at first but like.... the amount of dead, aimless time in some games always gets a pass. The biggest complaint is how they go about the story telling, but I can't even say that's a problem anymore. Is fishing a better use of time? Handing out friendship tokens or whatever the equivalent is in a game? TS starts slow and simple but ends fast and complex. FE3H was the exact opposite - game got dumber as it went on.

Meanwhile the OST is fantastic, snowballing straight up got solved for the entire genre, some of the best map design in the entire genre - and it didn't rely on maps the size of a countryside to do it either, cast is great, best gameplay I've seen since Tactics Ogre, difficulty scaling is literally perfect... I got nothing to complain about outside of the fact that I had to play it on Switch.

And later this month, Xenoblade 3 is gonna come body it again so it won't even sniff best JRPG for 2022 on that platform either. :dead: By next year, people will be talking it up as some new cult classic.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Game is incredible straight up.

Released at the worst time possible. If it dropped a month ago instead of the same time as ER/HFW, the narrative is entirely different. Most reviewers never even played this shyt beyond the demo.

Its better than FE:3H too. I was on the fence at first but like.... the amount of dead, aimless time in some games always gets a pass. The biggest complaint is how they go about the story telling, but I can't even say that's a problem anymore. Is fishing a better use of time? Handing out friendship tokens or whatever the equivalent is in a game? TS starts slow and simple but ends fast and complex. FE3H was the exact opposite - game got dumber as it went on.

Meanwhile the OST is fantastic, snowballing straight up got solved for the entire genre, some of the best map design in the entire genre - and it didn't rely on maps the size of a countryside to do it either, cast is great, best gameplay I've seen since Tactics Ogre, difficulty scaling is literally perfect... I got nothing to complain about outside of the fact that I had to play it on Switch.

And later this month, Xenoblade 3 is gonna come body it again so it won't even sniff best JRPG for 2022 on that platform either. :dead: By next year, people will be talking it up as some new cult classic.

Glad it's still good later on in the game. This game took me totally by surprised. The story started slow but I enjoyed the buildup

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd tend to agree based on what I've played this year so far. Granted I'm not a ER fan, and I'm sure GOW and ER will be the top 2 answers.... maybe TMNT.