As an adult, are you truly scared by scary/horror movies :beli:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I dont fukk with scary movies....

Why would I purposely WANT to be scared. That shyt ain't fun. :dahell:
Same reason people watch sappy as dramas or romance movies...why watch something that's going to make you sad? Same reason ppl ride roller coasters? Why do something that's going to make you scream or feel like you're falling....is all about that rush :ahh:
most commercial scary movies are comedy to me..especially the ones from the 90s like Freddie, Jason, Chucky, etc...some of the more psychological ones tho can mindfucck you.
yea, I'm not into slasher/monster or gore, they tend to get real silly real quick, but psychological thrillers and haunted/demonic shyt are the only ones that will have me :unsure:
Speaking of The Exorcist...the footsteps on the stairwell had my heart :dead:

the exorcist wasn't ever super scary to me, it was moreso gross than anything

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love rewatching my Freddy joints and wondering how could have this hilarity scarred me so

much as a child. But, they're are seldom new horror flicks that sneaks up on. The Ring, The

Descent, The Strangers, and the Fourth Kind had my 20something self shook and sleeping with

the lights on for weeks :sadcam:

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
i was looking at one of the children of the corn film and the exorcist and remember when i was a a little boy, i use to be scare doing to bed cause of nightmare i would have. thing is looking back at some of these movies i feel like they corny. probably why its a genre that is minuscule in my movie collection

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can handle the scary psychological shyt. I just can't fukk with the gore like Saw.

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It used to when i was kid, but not no more. Although resident evil 2/3 used to give me fukking nightmares whenever i played it when i was younger :wow:

Carter G. Hoodson

Tarik is my name ✊✊✊
Daps
Reppin
East Orange, NJ
I find them a bit corny to be honest. If you know from the jump that horror movies are fake, then why be scared of them. It's your choice to fear things. I find it to be comical.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Damn you nikkas are straight up :wrist:, talm bout being shook of insidious? insidious breh????? that movie was ultra corny, especially the last half of the movie. The last movie that legit scared me was The Ring and i was like 13 or 14 when that shyt came out...

Paranormal Activity? staring at security feed for predictable scares.... :trash:

Insidious? almost laughable how bad that movie was... :trash:

The conjuring had its moments but mostly it was jump scare after jump scare, same ole house and kids haunted bullshyt. :trash:

know me

Daps
Only scary movies to legit frighten me as an adult are The Strangers... and when I saw the original Psycho... Old scary movies are creepy af to me. Even the regular people are creepy.

Any other time I saw scary movies in the theaters I was more concentrated on trying to get the chick wrapped around me and slowly directing her hand to my pants.

I didn't sleep for weeks after watching The Strangers.
I'm addicted to scary movies and watch everything and so far that's the only one that effed me up.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
I don't like scary movies. They are evil. Why would I want to be scared? I never understood why that's a feeling that people want.....fukk a scary movie:pacspit:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
I can't believe grown ass adults can't separate reality from fiction and are seriously afraid of scary movies, wtf breh. I can't convince not one person (male and female) I hang out with in Chicago to go see "The Conjuring" with me. Some ppl just don't care to see it, I can dig it, no point of wasting money, but four people have said they're afraid of scary movies :beli: You serious? I mean what's the worst thing that can happen, maybe you have a nightmare that night then it's over.

/rant
I mentioned a scary movie to a coworker and she didnt want to hear one word about it. Straight Shook and nervous. She is kinda fly though so imagine shes been approached by monsters out of horror movies longer going Way back.