As a former junior high sprinter...

Daps
I was wondering whether track workouts for sprinters effective in burning calories, and if so, would you guys post what y'all do

allshaftnohead

Refuse to believe it's not butter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yes, it's HIIT and can be easily worked into a routine. One of my favorite ones is 200 intervals. Warm up (half mile jog or so), dynamic stretching, and then 8-12 by 200 at a "fast" pace. I wouldn't start all out, but about 5 seconds off of your fastest. Between each drop immediately and do 30 seconds of crunches/pushups/some other exercise (I like to alternate). Then right back to it. That's the key for this one is you have to try to maintain your speed with little rest (why you don't go all out on the first). Another one I do on the track is jog the curves and sprint the straightaways. I didn't do sprints in high school, but I did 400/800/1600 and those were pretty common sprint workouts for us.
If you can find hills you are even better. Had a workout we called guts where you ran a hill sprint and whatever time you got you had to keep within 2 seconds of (short hills so it would be like 12-14 seconds). Go until you can't hold it, walk down the hill each time.

Daps
Yes, it's HIIT and can be easily worked into a routine. One of my favorite ones is 200 intervals. Warm up (half mile jog or so), dynamic stretching, and then 8-12 by 200 at a "fast" pace. I wouldn't start all out, but about 5 seconds off of your fastest. Between each drop immediately and do 30 seconds of crunches/pushups/some other exercise (I like to alternate). Then right back to it. That's the key for this one is you have to try to maintain your speed with little rest (why you don't go all out on the first). Another one I do on the track is jog the curves and sprint the straightaways. I didn't do sprints in high school, but I did 400/800/1600 and those were pretty common sprint workouts for us.
If you can find hills you are even better. Had a workout we called guts where you ran a hill sprint and whatever time you got you had to keep within 2 seconds of (short hills so it would be like 12-14 seconds). Go until you can't hold it, walk down the hill each time.

I'll try it. I wonder how many calories it burns I'm trying to shed weight

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I did 400 meter sprints as my sprint workout when I was getting ready for law enforcement physical fitness tests. I could not do them now as it would be a 400 meter jog/run.