As a black woman (please dont make this a bw bash thread)

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
Am I the only black woman that dreads asking another black woman a question in a public setting in fear that shes going to give me an attitude and roll her eyes?

No, I'm not saying that most black women have bad attitudes but damn why is it that a lot of black women that have jobs working with the public tend to have such horrible attitudes?

I've been barked at too many times to count just because I asked a simple question.

At times I avoid asking other black women for assistance and search for a non black associate.

Now don't get me wrong, I work with mostly professional, smart, funny, sweet black women. But these heffas that are bus drivers, working at subway or mcdonalds, clothing stores etc tend to always be in a bad mood for no reason.

As black women, I feel that we should discuss this!

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
@tater was telling me she had an encounter with rude ass black lady. But no I don't fear it. I don't want it coming from white women who I'm 4-5 seconds from going off on. Black women their attitudes don't irk me like white women's attitudes do. I don't say a work but my facial expressions say a more than enough.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I work in Chicago and live in the burbs.

I usually meet really nice black women in the burbs but when I'm in the city, its another story.
I'm in the burbs!!! I'm a nice person!!! Yay!!!

It's a lot of rude people downtown. They're jerks. But I found out they're very rude in San Diego. They don't even acknowledge you there.

@Marty Kaan
Also my sister & mom gets the same nastiness, they also work downtown. You're pretty so they're clearly hating on ur looks. A guy they like prolly was looking at you saying you look nice. Some black women are just haters.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
Sometimes it be like that when you have to constantly deal with idiots day in and day out, you develop an attitude. Sometimes I catch myself rolling my eyes cause I'm annoyed, it's just a automatic reaction. Us black women deal with a lot.
yea thats true and I try to approach other black women in the sweetest way possible.

I was boarding the bus going home yesterday and before i got on, i asked the black female bus driver was the bus going to a specific area and she turned her ratchet ass neck havin ass my way and barked "obviously it is, I am a bus driver." and turned back around.

It took everything in me to not get out of character and turn state and jackson into a war zone with that heffa :aicmon:

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
So.. as the replies in this thread imply...

It's not a "black women" thing. It's a inner city thing.

This reminds me of yesterday when we were at work, and this white lady was complaining about this homeless guy who cleans the Windows and parking lot. He tries to scam them by telling different managers that he didn't get paid. Two black females, (one of whom was only 16) both said " oh, that sounds like a black guy" " yep, it sounds like a black guy."

The homeless guy is white.

It doesn't sound like a black guy, it sounds like a dishonest guy.

Bad attitudes aren't a black woman thing. (Not saying that's what you were implying, because we've all experienced rude black women.) Its a inner city thing or a stress thing.
Lord knows white women have bad attitudes too. They just tend to be passive aggressive.