Aries Spears goes off on people saying Michael Jordan was trash

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What moron actually says that Jordan was trash?

This is strawman at its peak.

When people today look back and try to contextualize Jordan's career and that era, they're trying to strip away some of the hyperbole and myth created by the media and marketing machine over the last 30 years.

And you know what? For as much as people want to hate and talk shyt about analytics these days, the metrics STILL consider MJ to be the best/most valuable basketball player in history. Or at the very least, 2nd best.

So it's not like there isn't any merit to Jordan's greatness. But so many stans and outright dumb asses can't handle the slightest analysis or critique of their Dear Leader.

Grow up.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
What moron actually says that Jordan was trash?

This is strawman at its peak.

When people today look back and try to contextualize Jordan's career and that era, they're trying to strip away some of the hyperbole and myth created by the media and marketing machine over the last 30 years.

And you know what? For as much as people want to hate and talk shyt about analytics these days, the metrics STILL consider MJ to be the best/most valuable basketball player in history. Or at the very least, 2nd best.

So it's not like there isn't any merit to Jordan's greatness. But so many stans and outright dumb asses can't handle the slightest analysis or critique of their Dear Leader.

Grow up.
Nah this isn't what's been happening lol. People who are trolls are saying he's trash in abundance.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Rightfully so. Anybody saying MJ was trash is a fukking retard.
MJ game and skills and athleticism has been replicated 1 time, and the 1 dude with that skill set is the #3 all time scorer.

Til this day, not a single player, outside of Kobe (and Kobe was a level under athletically) has been able to even LOOK as good as MJ, let alone BE as good overall.

As I said before, you literally have to put Wade and Kobe together to reach MJ's skill level.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MJ game and skills and athleticism has been replicated 1 time, and the 1 dude with that skill set is the #3 all time scorer.

Til this day, not a single player, outside of Kobe (and Kobe was a level under athletically) has been able to even LOOK as good as MJ, let alone BE as good overall.

As I said before, you literally have to put Wade and Kobe together to reach MJ's skill level.
:martin: Kobe was more skilled than MJ.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
:martin: Kobe was more skilled than MJ.
No the fukk he wasn't. The only SKILL he had over MJ was 3pt shooting, and Kobe was not a great 3pt shooter, he just shot a lot for his era. Kobe wasn't a better ball handler, just had access to more moves learned from the past. MJ didn't need to size up, and the highlight against Larry in the 63pt playoff game was literally the most dribbles Jordan EVER used in an isolation. It's usually 1-2 dribbles, GONE. Similar to Wade. Kobe needed to size up because his first step wasn't as good as MJ or Wade. Neither of them nikkas ever needed 4-5 dribbles to get around anyone.

Kobe had great post skills, but he didn't create spa e like MJ and didn't leave defenders defenseless like MJ, though still a HOAT level post scorer.MJ had better body work, better foot work, ect.

This is what I do bro. I watch b ball for individual skills.

If you really want this debate, PLEASE COME PREPARED MY GUY:ufdup: