Are we screwed on consoles if we go into another lockdown

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
These retailers with pick ups and shipments and switching back to non-essential items being moved down in priority. Might be tough. What do yall think?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don't think so.

maybe if there is a shortage in a few months, but i doubt there is gonna be one if you already ordered.

first few years of games might be a lot slower than other consoles though.

Daps
i don't think so.

maybe if there is a shortage in a few months, but i doubt there is gonna be one if you already ordered.

first few years of games might be a lot slower than other consoles though.
why you taking this so serious? :rudy:
I'm looking at the ps5's lineup from launch to the end of 21 and I don't understand how the first few years of games will be slower for the ps5 if that's its first year
maybe a game or two gets delayed but that first year is better than the first 2-3 years of the ps4 and then some
I expect the same for 2022, 2023, etc. because Sony has been preparing for next gen for a while and their devs have been working their ps5 projects for years
that's why a sony exec has said the release scheduloe for ps5 for 21 and beyond is the best in their history and I believe him
I more dissappointed by the fact that MS heavy hitters are 2-3+ years away
They should have multiple AAA exclusives releasing for the xbox in its first year
they've been in the game for 3 generations now

Daps
Like @Deep_Black_Conscious you might be PS5 less until 2023 :lolbron:
I said 2022 :hubie:
if that shyt is 2023 :mjlol:
don't worry i'll be fine I'll get it launch or next year spring :jawalrus:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why you taking this so serious? :rudy:
I'm looking at the ps5's lineup from launch to the end of 21 and I don't understand how the first few years of games will be slower for the ps5 if that's its first year
maybe a game or two gets delayed but that first year is better than the first 2-3 years of the ps4 and then some
I expect the same for 2022, 2023, etc. because Sony has been preparing for next gen for a while and their devs have been working their ps5 projects for years
that's why a sony exec has said the release scheduloe for ps5 for 21 and beyond is the best in their history and I believe him
I more dissappointed by the fact that MS heavy hitters are 2-3+ years away
They should have multiple AAA exclusives releasing for the xbox in its first year
they've been in the game for 3 generations now
the question is if the pandemic gonna fukk shyt up breh. nobody give a fukk about what is projected release dates.

if we saw anything in the last 6 months it was that it did mess with release dates/development.

i think it could, but again if you tryna get your console in the next 6 months, you're probably gonna be fine. just be prepared for delays/slow downs on games.

Daps
the question is if the pandemic gonna fukk shyt up breh. nobody give a fukk about what is projected release dates.

if we saw anything in the last 6 months it was that it did mess with release dates/development.

i think it could, but again if you tryna get your console in the next 6 months, you're probably gonna be fine. just be prepared for delays/slow downs on games.
maybe for a game or two but like I said the Sony devs have been working on their projects for a while
that's why we're getting raganrok as soon as 2021 (hopefully)
I wouldn't be surprised if that slipped into 2022 though
but from a ps5 owner's end, even w/ delays, the first few years won't be slow

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Once you get your console of choice I think everything is gonna be fine. The shift towards digital delivery is the savior for this early gen if the quarantine pops off again.

As for game delays, I think we’re likely to see a few smaller studios get delayed but not the major studios. There’s too much money on the table with these new consoles to not take advantage of it, especially when there’s nothing for a lot of people to do on lockdown.

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
The pandemic is fueling video game sales. These developers will take advantage of another lockdown, the first go round probably caught them off guard.