are we 80s babies crack babies?

ROBEEZYKILLA

the coli soulja
Daps
Reppin
dallas,tx
i saw that documentary not too long ago about the crack epidemic and it got me thinking...if that shyt was everywhere and everybody was doing it(everybody's parents), does that mean it affected this new generation? is that why theres more ignorance in this country than ever before? i was born in 87 by the way

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
What you think? Crack, if anything made young folk of today distracted.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i'm pretty sure my father didn't do crack but i know he's probably done cocaine because my mother told me he use to go to studio 54 sometimes before any of my siblings or myself was born. it's funny, now that i think about it, my father has tried to hide a lot of his past life from us. he's nothing like how he use to be but i'm almost a reflection of him in a good amount of ways, except i haven't done cocaine :russ:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL

I'm not a crack baby (Born in 91) but this thread reminded me of this dope Ice Cube song :leostare:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
A lot of us are. I fortunatly ain't 1 tho. But a lot of nyggaz I know are.. I'm not proud to admit it, but like a lot of kids in the 80s, I grew up in a traphouse/crack house. I've personally seen the effects of what crack does on infants. Its some fucced up shhyt. Babies crying uncontrolably for hours, havin the shakes, learning disabilities, deformaties, and not to mention crack babies are born chemically dependent of cocaine..millions of families have been split up/ negatively effected because of the crack epidemic. I could talk all day about the crazy crack epidemic of the 80s & 90s. Shiyyt was all bad:snoop:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
If you born after 85' then you might be

When i was born bell bottoms and big collars were still in

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
A lot of us are. I fortunatly ain't 1 tho. But a lot of nyggaz I know are.. I'm not proud to admit it, but like a lot of kids in the 80s, I grew up in a traphouse/crack house. I've personally seen the effects of what crack does on infants. Its some fucced up shhyt. Babies crying uncontrolably for hours, havin the shakes, learning disabilities, deformaties, and not to mention crack babies are born chemically dependent of cocaine..millions of families have been split up/ negatively effected because of the crack epidemic. I could talk all day about the crazy crack epidemic of the 80s & 90s. Shiyyt was all bad:snoop:

And people try to romanticize those times as the best

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Deep in the south kickin uptop game
86' - 88' was the era of the crack baby, neither one of my parents was on drugs but kids like me still had to grow up wit the crack babies, my childhood best friend's mom was on it and i remember walkin wit him to the different dope spots around the hood lookin for her. I grew up wit a bunch of crack babies, it was nothin for me to listen to cousins crack jokes about what the other's moms is out doin for crack

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Mainstream ideas about "crack babies" aren't actually true. The idea that crack/cocaine usage by a pregnant woman has a dramatic effect on infants is wrong.

People who use crack tend to engage in other behaviors that are harmful to unborn children (improper diet, not getting prenatal care, etc).

Most people exposed to crack or cocaine when they are in the womb don't have disabilities due to that exposure alone.