Are there new upcoming AAA games that DON’T have good graphics?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I was just thinking about this yesterday when i saw the suicide squad trailer. I noticed that the graphics were getting a lot of praise, to me they looked like the injustice cutscenes, which yeah… are really good. Then i stopped and thought about all the upcoming AAA games and I honestly couldn’t think of one where I’m like, yeah this is a really ugly ass game.

I’m not talking about the art direction (not liking medieval games, or cartoony graphics, or dark stuff) but like games that look like they lack actual polish and just look rough all around.

I feel like we’ve hit a point where graphics for big games are always gonna look good

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I was just thinking about this yesterday when i saw the suicide squad trailer. I noticed that the graphics were getting a lot of praise, to me they looked like the injustice cutscenes, which yeah… are really good. Then i stopped and thought about all the upcoming AAA games and I honestly couldn’t think of one where I’m like, yeah this is a really ugly ass game.

I’m not talking about the art direction (not liking medieval games, or cartoony graphics, or dark stuff) but like games that look like they lack actual polish and just look rough all around.

I feel like we’ve hit a point where graphics for big games are always gonna look good

Presentation sells. The level of expectation and polish goes a long way. I think you can still get away from some genres getting away with basic or just average graphics but for the games seeking immersion, you have to push for realism/hyperrealism or something that speaks of an exotic fantastical setting.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
halo has shyt graphics if we're being real
The game runs in 4K/60 on LAST Gen's Xbox One X....

The engine was clearly built for last gen consoles and ported up to current gen.
Look we get it, horizon, Spider-Man, God of war are all PS4 games that will get extra rumble features for PS5. Halo, we played it already and it looks and plays fantastic so I tell you what. Which one of you played it, I'll wait :popcorn:

Now I don't know what you're playing for the rest of the year other than yourselves :hhh:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:heh: there should be no excuses this gen for AAA games to have bad graphics. NONE. :mjlol: if it does everyone should pull your card...