Are there any current comedians who.......

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
You're the homie at all, but what would you say if I asked you for any current breakdancers doing The Charleston? :patrice:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
You're the homie at all, but what would you say if I asked you for any current breakdancers doing The Charleston? :patrice:

Hmm good point.....I would think with YT shorts being the main draw that this format would make sense.

The youth aint into HBO specials :manny:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Hmm good point.....I would think with YT shorts being the main draw that this format would make sense.

The youth aint into HBO specials :manny:
Rodney was alot older than both of us tho. His jokes were REALLY for his age demographic... we just got to catch em as a result. Something like that could happen much later in the future with some brainy comedian paying homage, but I think its way too soon right now. They can't relate, and relations have deteriorated a lot since his heyday

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Rodney was alot older than both of us tho. His jokes were REALLY for his age demographic... we just got to catch em as a result. Something like that could happen much later in the future with some brainy comedian paying homage, but I think its way too soon right now. They can't relate, and relations have deteriorated a lot since his heyday

no no no; I think you misunderstood or I didn't make it clear.

I'm strictly talking about STYLE. not content.

Most comedians are doing whole BITS.

like a story and then a punchline.

He's literally telling a 1-2 punch line.

like a short and sweet joke.

Like a "your momma so fat.... she X" - end joke

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
no no no; I think you misunderstood or I didn't make it clear.

I'm strictly talking about STYLE. not content.

Most comedians are doing whole BITS.

like a story and then a punchline.

He's literally telling a 1-2 punch line.

like a short and sweet joke.

Like a "your momma so fat.... she X" - end joke
Ahhh, got you... gotta agree with @Vandelay on Jeff Ross and ptetty much any other roast comedian. Thats pretty much what is is ic you ask me. Rodney seemded to make his bit-- thanks to that so called WIFE he had :comeon: idk who should thank who

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
He's not Rodney, because he doesn't have that distinctive delivery but he does burns the same way. Imagine Rodney's voice saying the same lines here.

DAMN HE KILLED :russ:

I've seen him before never knew the name.

Any brehs do this style?

Repped

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Do 1 liners.....like Rodney Dangerfield style

@Fiji Water you aware of any

:russ:

A lot of the ones I knew died because they were older. I personally have a couple one liner sets for certain crowds but it's not my grind lol. You see the style more at open mics just because that's how a lot of people start until they get their voice for bits.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
A lot of the ones I knew died because they were older. I personally have a couple one liner sets for certain crowds but it's not my grind lol. You see the style more at open mics just because that's how a lot of people start until they get their voice for bits.

What's your go to joke to tell a kid :lupe:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
The only guys who do this are the ones still left from the early 2000 era.

Mitch Hedberg is dead, Dave Atell used to do this but now he’s more of a character than a comedian.

Steven Wright is a GOAT at that style, and he’s still at it