Are there any Comedies with a mostly Black Cast or Leads.....

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
From the last 5 years?

Me and my wife were tryna watch a movie at home last night and were in the mood for a rom com but wanted something with a black cast. I could not find anything that I hadn't seen before and had to go all the way back to Top Five from 2015. Then half way through the movie, I realized I had already seen it.

I feel like all the highly rated comedies/RomComs feature Asian casts now and any movie with an all black cast is super serious.

Can y'all put me on some under the radar gems from the last few years?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This coming out soon.

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:mjlol:Watch 'About Last Night' if you haven't seen it.
This came out 9 years ago:why:. Pretty sure I've seen this too
You got The Blackening coming out in theaters this week
You had House Party earlier this year
Was House Party good? Getting tired of remakes but if it does the original justice, I'll give it a chance.
Are you looking for strictly movies?
Yea, but if you have a show recommendation, I'll check it out.

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This came out 9 years ago:why:. Pretty sure I've seen this too

Was House Party good? Getting tired of remakes but if it does the original justice, I'll give it a chance.

Yea, but if you have a show recommendation, I'll check it out.
Sorry, I don't watch many movies. But shows, Woke (not romantic, but comedy), Abbott Elementary (has romantic elements), Grand Crew (allegedly a comedy), and A Black Lady Sketch Show are ones I've recently seen.

cheapshot

Pro
Daps
The house next door
Coming to America 2
I think Marlon Wayans put out a movie on Netflix with a majority black cast within the past 5 years.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You got The Blackening coming out in theaters this week
You had House Party earlier this year
don't waste your time on this OP

mid tier black movies just aint there, i realized this as i'm currently binging mid black movies from the 90's. back then, a mid ass movie would be full of black stars, mostly people who were actual actors and trained standup comedians. now you got all these SM skit dudes who are barely funny in 90 sec skits trying to act and be funny for 90 mins, they then throw in some rapper/singer moonlighting in acting and the shyt is trash.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
don't waste your time on this OP

mid tier black movies just aint there, i realized this as i'm currently binging mid black movies from the 90's. back then, a mid ass movie would be full of black stars, mostly people who were actual actors. now you got all these SM skit dudes who are barely funny in 90 sec skits trying to act and be funny for 90 mins, they then throw in some rapper/singer moonlighting in acting and the shyt is trash.
RIP to DC youngfly's wife, but this is true.