Are their any Coli vegetarians here? If so, step inside for a min...

SwagmundFreud

Superstar
Daps
I'm trying to go veg not because I think eating meat is wrong, I just wanna try something new. Anyways I have a few questions...

How is your monthly budget? Do you spend more or less for a meat-free diet?

How do you substitute the protein from meat?

Where do you shop?

What is a typical day of food like for you?

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
Have a reason for your lifestyle change. Id suggest doing some research. I actually spend less money now because I eat out alot less--not many options for a vegetarian at Mcdonalds. Being a vegetarian forced me to actually think about everything I put in my body. A few books heavily influenced my lifestyle change. First , the Honorable Elijah Muhammad's "How To Eat To Live"... Next it was a book called "Eating Animals".. I grew up not really eating pork , I eventually cut out beef and then meat all together.

tumblr_mpf1gkh7G11snzouqo1_500.jpg

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I transitioned from vegetarianism to veganism. I would say it's cheaper because you're more mindful of incorporating vegetables, fruits, and nuts (a great source of protein/fat) into your diet and it forces you to be more aware and strict, and you'll usually go to markets to buy fresh vegetables since they're usually cheaper and they'll last you the entire week, sometimes even longer. I grow my own stuff though. Great protein substitutes are nuts, fish (if you're pescetarian which still is a vegetarian), seeds, legumes, soy (I would not suggest it if you have thyroid issues though), dairy like milk, or even whole wheat bread. There are really delicious veggie burgers and sausages, and they cost the same as normal burgers, except they don't contain that harmful stuff. If they add color, they use beta carotene which is completely natural and safe and it's already inside foods as it is it gives them their color, as opposed to something like yellow 1. Maybe even try vegetarian sausage. In the morning I have cashews/pumpkin seeds whatever is around with black tea and maybe some warm water with lemon, then for lunch I'll have something like a kale salad with cashews, tomatoes, and maybe even some added tofu. That's about it. I don't eat past 4pm my body doesn't agree with it lol. Try educating yourself first. The stuff they try to pass off as food is ridiculous, if only people were more aware.