Are periods necessary?

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Women Don't Need to Have Periods

No matter why a woman is seeing a doctor—be it for a headache or for a broken toe—she can reliably expect to be asked the date of her last period within the first minute of her consultation. Because of the confused looks I get when I reply with “May 2012,” I started prefacing my answer with an explanation that I have a Mirena IUD, an intra-uterine device used for birth control that lessens periods for some women and eliminates them completely for others.

I fall into the latter category. Though most nurses and doctors move along after this response, a nurse recently looked at me in undisguised disapproval and asked, “But what about when you want children?” I told her that I would take it out when I want children. “But doesn’t it feel unnatural to not have a period?” she asked. I told her it feels great to not have a period. She shook her head and said, “Just seems strange to have a foreign object in your body like that.” I replied, “Yeah, like a baby.” She stopped asking questions at that point.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Don't when yall get on BC, yall only have them once every quarter or something

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I thought about getting an IUD but I'm afraid of it poking or puncturing my womb, since I'd prefer copper over hormones.

I wouldve wanted to slap that nurse. No one asked for her opinion. They say periods are like practice labor pains. I dont know how true that is, never been in labor but that's the only benefit to having regular periods when youre not trying to get pregnant.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A Woman doesn't need a period, but I associate it with being "healthy". If you're not having a period that means other things are happening to your body which is causing it not to come. These other things could be good or bad for you but unfortunately you don't know up front.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I thought about getting an IUD but I'm afraid of it poking or puncturing my womb, since I'd prefer copper over hormones.

I wouldve wanted to slap that nurse. No one asked for her opinion. They say periods are like practice labor pains. I dont know how true that is, never been in labor but that's the only benefit to having regular periods when youre not trying to get pregnant.

Yeah, I've been told that cramps feel like very mild contracts (well cramps are technically you uterus contracting).

I use regular old bc pills to skip my period; I've been doing it for roughly 2 years.

It sucks because I didn't have time to pick up my pills this month; therefore, I expect to have a really bad one.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
Saw this ad yesterday about stoping underarm sweat. :comeon:

What you need to stop underarm sweat for? :martin:

And this is coming from someone who sweats in the shower. :manny:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
always thought that whole birth control fukkin with your internal biology must be some crazy shyt to go thru when u think about it

but thank god for it :ahh: