Are gaming systems still being sold in-store?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I'm barely gonna cop a PS4. I was at Walmart and didn't see any systems (Xbox and PS), nor noticed a price tag. I did a search on Best Buy's site and a local store had nothing. :dwillhuh:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
This shyt is everywhere. Best Buy doesn't have shyt. Target, nothing. I even went to GS and they didn't have any; but the guy told me they get shipments every few weeks. This is ridiculous.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't heard of a store getting a shipment for users to just buy in months.

Most of the time at best its order online and store pickup.

I can see walmart and GS getting shipments from time to time, but I assume like they get like 4 units every 2-3 weeks. It might be hard to get systems until fall or maybe even all year at the rate things are going overseas with chip production.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I haven't heard of a store getting a shipment for users to just buy in months.

Most of the time at best its order online and store pickup.

I can see walmart and GS getting shipments from time to time, but I assume like they get like 4 units every 2-3 weeks. It might be hard to get systems until fall or maybe even all year at the rate things are going overseas with chip production.

So the lack of in-store consoles is due to production issues? I can hold off until Fall, but I'd like to get one now since I have that stimulus money to spend. Online ordering ain't my thing, unless it's Amazon; but I'm not trusting the shipping process when it comes to high end elecs.

I didn't see consoles at Walmart, but I'm wondering if they keep them behind the counter. I was gonna ask the cashier when I was there a few days ago, but dude was busy with people.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I haven't seen a PS5/Series X in stores at all since launch. You gotta be mad lucky to run into one while in-store.

You're better off timing some online stores for a drop.

Yeah, I’m still not sure if they are even putting them on the shelves, they might still only be digital releases. I know a lot of stores are even behind on shipping consoles, like target.

I would assume if and when they are being put on shelves they are immediately getting snatched up even if people don’t want them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People said these consoles would be readily available in March. Now people are saying December :mjlol:

That shyt won’t be in stores until Summer 2022 at the earliest :russ:

nikkas tried to play “cute” talking about “I’ll wait for the PS5 slim”...looks like they won’t have a choice anyway lol