Are Euro/Chinese phones compatible in the US?

JLR Steez

Pro
Daps
Reppin
RI
Looking to replace my one plus but don't wanna drop a G on a Sammy/Pixel. Looking into the xiaomi mi 9T will it work on t mobile?? I've done some research it doesn't appear so, curious if anyone has experience with this. Neither MKB or Flossy touches on network compatibility in their vids

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Do it. I got that phone about a month ago and it works perfectly on T-Mobile. Best $300 you'll spend on a phone.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I got a Umidigi A5 pro ti summer it's good for my needs but the camera sucks and i've been told the it's other models camera suck as well. It's my first purchase from that brand and it was cheap so worth a try for me. Its not my primary phone just the first china phone i'm using.

Maybe look into the Realme brand or another Xiaomi USA band compatible phone.

¿Will Xiaomi Mi 9T work in USA?

D7ZDfn5.png

i would consider B2,B12 & B11 to be very important for t-mobile coverage. get a phone that supports at least all those three bands if you don't want cell coverage to suck.

edit::jbhmm:actually i think B2 and B4 are significant ones.. i'll have to find confirmation.

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
做吧我买了大约一个月的手机,并且可以在T-Mobile上完美运行。您将在手机上花费的$ 300美元。

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
做吧我买了大约一个月的手机,并且可以在T-Mobile上完美运行。您将在手机上花费的$ 300美元。
Good to know. :mjpls:

But seriously I wonder why cell phones are restricted like that thru out the world. Could it be because of the technology? I mean you can chat online with people from all over the world but not talk on the phone. I'm wondering if its cuz of the satellites or company greed?

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Good to know. :mjpls:

But seriously I wonder why cell phones are restricted like that thru out the world. Could it be because of the technology? I mean you can chat online with people from all over the world but not talk on the phone. I'm wondering if its cuz of the satellites or company greed?

They're not necessarily restricted. Regions in the world use different spectrum for their LTE and 3G networks. I know back in the day, I wanted to get a Sony Ericsson but the phone would not work with 3G in the States, so I didn't get it. Also, some phone may be locked to a carrier if you get that phone from a specific carrier.

JLR Steez

Pro
Daps
Reppin
RI
Do it. I got that phone about a month ago and it works perfectly on T-Mobile. Best $300 you'll spend on a phone.

Word?? Rather not drop 3-400 bucks on a paper weight. What's the chatter about bands and all that non sense? Reddit cacs were saying it's a no go in the US

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Word?? Rather not drop 3-400 bucks on a paper weight. What's the chatter about bands and all that non sense? Reddit cacs were saying it's a no go in the US

buy it from amazon, test for a day or two and if it doesn't suit you, return it. :manny:

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-AMOLED-Display-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B07THFLC8P/

or

https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-AMOLED-Display-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B07T7MM64L/

Last edited:

JLR Steez

Pro
Daps
Reppin
RI
@JLR Steez did you get the phone ? if so, do does it work well?

Nah I didn't do it breh kept researching and Reddit cacs make it seem it's not worth the trouble in the US. Had it in my cart too:snoop:

Sounds like it works better on at&t versus t mobile but not ideal for either. Gonna try to hit a lick on something on black Friday