Are chromebooks worth it to you? Especially technical folks

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Do you like them and would you use them as your main laptop?

Over windows 10...

How does Office compare and individual applications on chromebook to windows?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm on my job's work chromebook as we speak (we're a Google sponsered company) and so far, this newer one they gave me since last year has been pretty nice. The office apps, tho I rarely have to use them, they work well enough. I like some of the hardware functionality to it. It's touch screen and can be inverted. I have little issues with it and like it overall and it's served me well on work and outside work functions, tho I'm not doing anything too intensive with it.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
For basic web browsing and office apps (Docs, Sheets, etc), even Chromebooks with under-par specs aren't bad. Adding Android apps natively (you'll have the Google Play Store) is a huge selling point and makes it to where there's rarely ever an app you can't find when you need something. You can use some Windows apps with Crossover, if needed.

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
Depends on what you are doing on your "main laptop"

mostly packet tracer, gns3 windows apps and web browsing, movie watching

Nothing really too major

Once I get the hang of the cisco stuff I probably don't need PT or GNS3 anymore so I would guess a company laptop would be given to me at that point

but for my personal stuff not really much...

I was thinking of selling the chromebook and getting either a macbook or this

Dell Inspiron 13.3" 7000 2-in-1 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop Intel Core i7 16GB Memory 512GB SSD + 32GB Optane Black I7391-7520BLK-PUS - Best Buy

like 650 open box

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
mostly packet tracer, gns3 windows apps and web browsing, movie watching

Nothing really too major

Once I get the hang of the cisco stuff I probably don't need PT or GNS3 anymore so I would guess a company laptop would be given to me at that point

but for my personal stuff not really much...

I was thinking of selling the chromebook and getting either a macbook or this

Dell Inspiron 13.3" 7000 2-in-1 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop Intel Core i7 16GB Memory 512GB SSD + 32GB Optane Black I7391-7520BLK-PUS - Best Buy

like 650 open box

Chromebook would be fine for this. A macbook would be a pretty big over pay if that is all you are doing. especially if you are not watching video content in hdr or 4k.

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
Chromebook would be fine for this. A macbook would be a pretty big over pay if that is all you are doing. especially if you are not watching video content in hdr or 4k.

Yes I don't need to spend 500 bucks on anything since I don't do much, I just get bootlegs to watch and youtube...

I just picked up a cheap laptop for linux and called it a day, no need to spend money like that.