"Are Asians next in line to be white?" AAPI series hosts address the topic

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Are Asians Next in Line to be White?​

urlf9e150e72cc9fc45.jpg

Join DOCumentary filmmaker @dollyli and DOCtor of History @aadeleon as they explore issues affecting the Asian American community today

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The quote used in the video is from
Cathy Park Hong -MINOR FEELINGS My Asian American Reckoning

Full quote is in the spoiler

When I hear the phrase “Asians are next in line to be white,” I replace the word “white” with “disappear.” Asians are next in line to disappear. We are reputed to be so accomplished, and so law-abiding, we will disappear into this country’s amnesiac fog. We will not be the power but become absorbed by power, not share the power of whites but be stooges to a white ideology that exploited our ancestors. This country insists that our racial identity is beside the point, that it has nothing to do with being bullied, or passed over for promotion, or cut off every time we talk. Our race has nothing to do with this country, even, which is why we’re often listed as “Other” in polls and why we’re hard to find in racial breakdowns on reported rape or workplace discrimination or domestic abuse. It’s like being ghosted, I suppose, where, deprived of all social cues, I have no relational gauge for my own behavior. I ransack my mind for what I could have done, could have said. I stop trusting what I see, what I hear. My ego is in free fall while my superego is boundless, railing that my existence is not enough, never enough, so I become compulsive in my efforts to do better, be better, blindly following this country’s gospel of self-interest, proving my individual worth by expanding my net worth, until I vanish.
Cathy Park Hong, Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning

DJK

All Star
Daps
Interesting that the question presupposes that "White" is the top thing to be.
Asians are already White-adjacent in the things that matter (jobs, income, housing) so ultimately it doesn't matter.
Also interesting that the video mentions a 1922 case.
How about the 1800s story of original Siamese twins ? (now Thailand)
They bought property, married White and owned enslaved Africans.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Interesting assessment in the vid. IMO many Asains don't feel like civil issues impact them unless it's personal.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Will watch the vid later..but just wanted to give some thoughts:skip:

Likke breh above me said.. asians are already white-adjacent. Given enough time they would literally become white by assimilation. Asian women already assimilate faster into the white pool then the men do.

However I don't think they will become white and I don't expect that white-adjacent status to last. Chinese's rise is ultimately going to test the current order, which is going to cause some yellow peril 2.0 to heat up.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Go to Asia and see how black people are viewed and treated, that tells me all I know about the “minority alliance”