Apprenticeship While Working Full-Time?

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
Have any brehs accomplished this? There’s a plumbing spot that recently opened up with “PAID APPRENTICESHIP” sign hanging.

I am blessed to have corporation interest (two internships with the potential to join FT once I graduate) yet I am intrigued in earning a trade.

Any thoughts/tips would be appreciated!

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
Which corporations? Have you used glassdoor?

I would recommend every man to learn a trade. I want to learn to be an electrician myself, and I make over 150 a year.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Have any brehs accomplished this? There’s a plumbing spot that recently opened up with “PAID APPRENTICESHIP” sign hanging.

I am blessed to have corporation interest (two internships with the potential to join FT once I graduate) yet I am intrigued in earning a trade.

Any thoughts/tips would be appreciated!
You won’t be able to do the apprenticeship and work a regular job unless it’s at night. They pay you because they want you do to focus on that skill nothing else. Plus apprenticeships for plumbing is like 2 years.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
You won’t be able to do the apprenticeship and work a regular job unless it’s at night. They pay you because they want you do to focus on that skill nothing else. Plus apprenticeships for plumbing is like 2 years.
Appreciate your response and my apology for coming back to you so late

I pondered on the idea because I have an opportunity to enter the Insurance/Finance sector next year, but the constant reminder of brehs needing to own their own businesses or at least funnel their talents to Black ones has me reflecting

It’s good to use the resources of corporate America and move on.. but move on to what?

Maybe in my head it’s easier to see me in a plumbing/electrican role than to start an investment firm or my own insurance subsidiary.. that’s something for me to unpack why.