Apple Music experts: why don’t my “local” songs transfer to new iPhone?

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I restored my new phone from backup of the old phone. The old phone has a bunch of songs on my library and playlists that are not on Apple Music so I had to add them myself. They are still playable on the old phone. But they’re all grayed out on the new phone. It would be a *massive* pain in the ass to go thru one by one and add them all back since there’s a ton of them. Wtf? Is there a solution here?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Download iTunes on your PC or Mac, turn on iCloud Music Library, create a new playlist, select all your songs (Ctrl + A) and drop them into the playlist. The playlist will appear on your phone and you can download all them songs with one push. You’re welcome.

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Download iTunes on your PC or Mac, turn on iCloud Music Library, create a new playlist, select all your songs (Ctrl + A) and drop them into the playlist. The playlist will appear on your phone and you can download all them songs with one push. You’re welcome.
Ah that’s not a bad idea - let me try that!
iCloud backup or iTunes on computer?
I did a restore from iTunes and got all my local songs
I think iCloud backup is really only your profile, settings, pics since its less than 5 GB
iCloud backup. You think if I make an iTunes backup it would be different?

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He dont even have to do that playlist thing, once he turns on icloud music library it should add all his music in itunes. I went to the new iphone and all my music shows up

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Ah that’s not a bad idea - let me try that!

iCloud backup. You think if I make an iTunes backup it would be different?
yeah, the Itunes backup is actually EVERYTHING including music, apps, etc. meaning if you got about 100 GB of stuff on your phone, that's what size your backup will be
iCloud backup is NOT uploading that whole 100 GB to the cloud but the iTunes backup since its on your computer, it will backup everything

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
He dont even have to do that playlist thing, once he turns on icloud music library it should add all his music in itunes. I went to the new iphone and all my music shows up
Yeah, but the shyt ain’t downloaded, it’s just streamable. He wants to know if he gotta click on each song to download it for offline use or if there’s quick way to get em all