:scust:WTF. The sub need it be nuked

OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
No I meant how they’re trained to be cold like that and how it affects their day to day lives, I’d never really thought about it before
its how i am as an engineer :mjcry:

it was painful switching to entrepreneurship and realizing how much i really dont know :wow:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Idk. Outside of urgent care Western medical can really be on some funny shyt. I have a friend who got an experimental treatment when she got lung cancer and she died a month later. shyt literally killed her before the cancer.

Also have you met and spoke to a lot of doctors? They tend to be very weird people. Cold and to the point and not very good at socializing though they try. They literally traumatize future doctors during medical school to make them somewhat heartless. That's how they can do what they do. Empathy isn't their strong suit

Most doctors are psychopaths. They're the only ones fit for the job.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Most doctors are psychopaths. They're the only ones fit for the job.
My mother is a doctor. Shes definitely an exception, unfortunately. She constantly tells me stories about having to put her foot down when it comes to patient safety and dealing with other doctors who sometimes want to do unsafe things usually for time-saving reasons. A lot of this is pushed by hospital administration who view cases as being a product and the more cases you can get through the more profit for the hospital.

She also tells me that a lot of doctors have a lot of issues. Plenty of dudes she knows that have ex-wives and kids cleaning out their bank account with payments coupled with living beyond their means with debt. Alcohol and prescription drug abuse aren't uncommon. Not to mention that some are just socially awkward.

My mother is very empathetic, which I think is just a trait a lot of black folks naturally have, which can be an invaluable trait a doctor can have. Unfortunately, it is lacking in a lot of them

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
My mother is a doctor. Shes definitely an exception, unfortunately. She constantly tells me stories about having to put her foot down when it comes to patient safety and dealing with other doctors who sometimes want to do unsafe things usually for time-saving reasons. A lot of this is pushed by hospital administration who view cases as being a product and the more cases you can get through the more profit for the hospital.

She also tells me that a lot of doctors have a lot of issues. Plenty of dudes she knows that have ex-wives and kids cleaning out their bank account with payments coupled with living beyond their means with debt. Alcohol and prescription drug abuse aren't uncommon. Not to mention that some are just socially awkward.

My mother is very empathetic, which I think is just a trait a lot of black folks naturally have, which can be an invaluable trait a doctor can have. Unfortunately, it is lacking in a lot of them
Sounds like a spin off thread Is needed good sir

tenor.gif

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
No I meant how they’re trained to be cold like that and how it affects their day to day lives, I’d never really thought about it before
Doctors aren't necessarily trained to be cold. In fact, they have classes on how not to in most of their coursework because bedside manner is a valuable thing to possess. I mean you obviously can't emotionally react all the time in the most extreme ways to the stuff you're going to see but a doctor that is compassionate and empathetic is highly valued. My girl has an aunt, who she hates because she is supposedly a major bytch, who is a doctor. According to her, she was fired from her last job because of her behavior and lack of compassion she exhibited not to mention other incompetencies. She was telling me she read one of her reviews where she was giving a cancer diagnosis and the patient said she smirked and slightly laugh and blaise told her about having cancer. Thankfully, she got fired for stuff like that and other stuff.

The problem is that, its not that they are trained to be cold, its that it may be a stereotype but its true to a certain extent that there are a lot of people who are intelligent but that is the only thing they valued throughout their lives and never developed soft-skills that go into the profession.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like a spin off thread Is needed good sir

tenor.gif
I'll have to try and remember some stories. She constantly tells me about the bullshyt almost every week she has to deal with. The problem is my mother has an issue of using a lot of jargon from the job when describing this stuff and it can cause me to tune it out sometimes. But It really demystified the amount of prestige you usually associate with the profession. A lot of fukked-up people in the job and anytime I plan to have anything medical done, I talk to her first. She is the one for example that told me never get put under at the dentist office (shes an anesthesiologist) due to the fact most of them are just nurse anesthetist and she knows a few cases where either people die at the dentist's office due something going wrong or having to be rushed to the hospital to be saved. Only get local anesthetics like numbing and maybe nitrous oxide (laughing gas). If they want to put you under, say fukk no.

But she told me little things here and there I remember like she doesn't drive a fancy car. She just has a Nissan and prefers to use her money for other things like travel or her more down to earth hobbies. Shes had plenty of doctors tell her that she is wasting her money, unsolicited, by not going out and getting high priced cars like them yet as I said, they are constantly stressed to the point of drinking because of things like that not to mention they have a habit of marrying trophy wife bimbos who eventually take them for all they got and other debts that cause them a lot of stress and make them always unhappy. Said one of the directors of the group at one hospital she worked with would constantly have sex with nurses at the hospital and was just not very ethical in a lot of ways. One of the other nurses walked in on him and another nurse giving him a blowjob. Unfortunately, this guy was actually a brother and I met him. He looked like Chi Mcbride lol. She left that place due to unprofessionalism not to mention the whole town was just very :mjpls: which is why its surprising that a brother actually got to such a high position in that group.

I'll have to rack my brain for other stories but I'm sure she'll call me this week with another round of fukkery from her job. I'll just have to actually not tune her out after 5 mins so I can post it here :mjgrin: