Anyone use the Wireless Beats for working out?

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Tired of using $20 dollar earbuds. Wires always get in the way when I lift, or gets unplugged from my phone.

I know people say Beats are overpriced but what's the quality like?

I don't mind spending a few hundred because for as much as I'm in the gym, I see it as a good investment. Can't workout without my music.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
It should be common knowledge by now that the beats are overpriced tech that. and now that Apple owns it, it's just going to be even more expensive.

I use Jaybird X2's for working out

They're a bit pricey, but I got sick and tired of buying $40 wireless, only to have it break a month later. My Jaybirds have been going strong for like 2 months now.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Breh Beats are a full on ripoff. Do a little research. Here are some Sonys that are 3/4 as good as Beats for 1/8th the price.

Sony MDR-10RBT: Wireless Bluetooth headphone that's a better deal than Beats (review)

Performance
For a Bluetooth headphone, the sound is quite decent. It isn't quite as full, dynamic, or natural sounding as hat of the Beats Studio Wireless, though; it's a little bright, with some treble push and lots of bass. So it's pretty forward sounding and lacks some warmth, but it works well with a variety of music, and seems to designed to appeal to mainstream users who prefer a little bit more of an "aggressive" sound to their headphone.

In general, it's hard to find sub-$100 Bluetooth headphones that sound good. To get to a higher caliber wireless headphone usually means stepping up to a model that costs $200 or more. This Sony may not sound quite as good as some of those higher end Bluetooth models, but it's definitely a nice step-up from from those sub-$100 models that tend to suffer from a lack of clarity.

Cmon man lets stop with the beats hate. They are as good as advertised and for the price sounds as good as everything in their price range. This article clearly states those headphones don't sound as good

I have had the power beats wireless for over a year now with no complaints. My studio beats which I've had for 2 years has shown some wear and tear on the ear pads cause I workout in them. But to flat out say they are a ripoff is ridiculous.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
sms audio has a good wireless bluetooth headphones with sweat resistant tech for the gym

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Cmon man lets stop with the beats hate. They are as good as advertised and for the price sounds as good as everything in their price range. This article clearly states those headphones don't sound as good

I have had the power beats wireless for over a year now with no complaints. My studio beats which I've had for 2 years has shown some wear and tear on the ear pads cause I workout in them. But to flat out say they are a ripoff is ridiculous.
This but some cats like dude you quoted be on that if its mainstream popular its shyt and or for sheeps crew. You know that type. I have the powerbeats too and they are awesome but I will advise cats to get a warranty from a place like Wal mart where you can replace them for a few years cause sometimes them batteries don't act right. I had to send mine back before cause they weren't connecting but outside of that they have been great eso if you listen to drum heavy music. Now there are better headphones if you mainly listen to different types if music but for the gym I love these.

Kano

All Star
Daps
Beats DO NOT come with extended warranty just a heads up if you're thinking about life expectancy with purchasing something that expensive.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Beats DO NOT come with extended warranty just a heads up if you're thinking about life expectancy with purchasing something that expensive.
If you buy them from Wal mart they do or at least they did. The warranty last a year anyway which for mine I had to send back once. Outside of that had no problems but I guess I got relatively lucky cause some people's always breaking. I also don't know how them cats treating their stuff either outside of dude at my gym who just sweats crazy so I see why his ain't the best shyts ever lol.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The reviews from the latest beats have been pretty promising. They have made some good changes to their headphones over the last year or two and they have significantly improved overall sound quality.

I have a pair of the Beats Studio Wireless(got them 1/2 off with my iMac). And they are pretty good sounding headphones. I wanted some wireless and they are the best wireless headphones I have tried yet.
I had the jaybirds but they would randomly disconnect after a while so I got rid of those. I tried some others but nothing was consistent. But the beats wireless have never cut out or given me an issue.

As for sound quality? not gonna lie...they are pretty good, not quite like my ATH-m50's or my AKGs but for wireless? I can't complain at all. Just as good as my Bose....but take that for what it's worth.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk

I dont understand this shyt mayne. It's no hate. The shyts are just not that good.

FAQ: What are some alternatives to Beats?

To me, the opinions of an independent tester are way more valuable than the opinions of someone who paid money for something.... if u convinced urself the best way to spend hundreds of dollars on headphones = Beats, when u get those Beats you are probably not going to change your mind, and if someone asks u about them u are going to recommend them, despite not having checked them against the competition or w/e. IMO thats not an unbiased or super valuable opinion on the product.

@Jerry McGuire I would do research on your own.... see what independent reviewers say.... read the 1 and 2 star reviews on Amazon... draw your own conclusions. A lot of times people who make purchases are not the most reliable sources for reviews of the products they buy, especially when the products are very expensive.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I dont understand this shyt mayne. It's no hate. The shyts are just not that good.

FAQ: What are some alternatives to Beats?

To me, the opinions of an independent tester are way more valuable than the opinions of someone who paid money for something.... if u convinced urself the best way to spend hundreds of dollars on headphones = Beats, when u get those Beats you are probably not going to change your mind, and if someone asks u about them u are going to recommend them, despite not having checked them against the competition or w/e. IMO thats not an unbiased or super valuable opinion on the product.

@Jerry McGuire I would do research on your own.... see what independent reviewers say.... read the 1 and 2 star reviews on Amazon... draw your own conclusions. A lot of times people who make purchases are not the most reliable sources for reviews of the products they buy, especially when the products are very expensive.
I have tested all of these beats alternative well I've tested some of them, and first it depends on what type of music you are listening to. And in my experience these other headphones, the ones producers and people that make music use are sometimes clearer, but even that article I posted says the beats sound better than the so called alternative.

But my point is they aren't trash, just cause there are a few headphone that are slightly better that doesn't equate beats to being trash. let us enjoy our headphones and quit trying to make us feel like our ears our inferior or we are sheep. They sound good enough and they look good

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
I use Jaybird X2's for working out

They're a bit pricey, but I got sick and tired of buying $40 wireless, only to have it break a month later. My Jaybirds have been going strong for like 2 months now.
This. How are the x2's? I've been a satisfied user of the o.g. bluebuds x's for nearly 3 years now and I seen jaybird come out with the new ones and I'm kinda jealous and itching to buy them even the o.g. x's are just fine. And I don't know how cats can wear over the head headphones like beats to the gym, shyt seems really uncomfortable unless you're a person who only does basic ass exercises or alotta isolation movements.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
This. How are the x2's? I've been a satisfied user of the o.g. bluebuds x's for nearly 3 years now and I seen jaybird come out with the new ones and I'm kinda jealous and itching to buy them even the o.g. x's are just fine. And I don't know how cats can wear over the head headphones like beats to the gym, shyt seems really uncomfortable unless you're a person who only does basic ass exercises or alotta isolation movements.
Bold is sooo true but they do it. I did that shyt once with the og beats cause I forgot my earphones and never again. I think maybe their heads are bigger lol

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I had the x2s and I had to return them, they dropped so much and it was frustrating having to reset and reconnect all the time.

they might have just been a single faulty unit but I didn't want waste my time trying again.
For now I just use the bose ie2s and keepo the cable under my shirt, never had a problem.

I don't use my beats at the gym