Anyone seen this anime movie?

morris

Superstar
Daps
Dat Poo Poo :hhh::scust:

Martha
You saw it?

This is not my type of anime flick, but it has been a huge hit in Asia:

Such a film seems like an unlikely candidate for “Titanic”-level success. But since “Your Name” premièred, last August, young adults in Japan, South Korea, Thailand, and China have flocked to watch and rewatch it. It has become a national and regional phenomenon. Even its director, Makoto Shinkai, seems to have been taken aback: “It’s not healthy,” he said, during a December interview in Paris. “I don’t think any more people should see it.” The film has now grossed more than three hundred and twenty-six million dollars worldwide, making it the most successful anime film of all time—surpassing even Hayao Miyazaki’s “Spirited Away,” from 2001.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It's a good movie. Very much in line with Shinkai Makoto's other works, although I wouldn't consider it his best. Of course it is his most mainstream oriented one, and calling it the Titanic of anime isn't that far off since it's a timeless romance story aimed at women but enjoyable enough for guys too. Plotwise it mostly reminded me of Hosoda Mamoru's The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, so if you have seen that you kind of know what to expect. And of course the movie boasts some of the most gorgeous animation ever.