Anyone see The Grinch?

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Surprised there's no post on it.

Spoilers (I guess):

It was okay. Pretty much just like the book with a few small liberties. Basically, just a CGI version of the book with a more modern twist. I saw some people say it was better than Carrey's live action version, and they are completely wrong. It's not.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I took my both of my son's to see it when it came out. It moved pretty fast. It was more livelier than the original. I'd watch it again with them.

E R 11 C

Pro
Daps
Me and my girl smoked up and made a date night out of it. Smashed some popcorn corn, nacho cheese and jalepenos. Dont knock it till you try it.

Movie was decent. Laughed at some parts. Kennan was funny. But i agree, overall, the Grinch himself wasnt grinchy enough. For a remake of the Jim Carrey version, I was hoping for their take on certain scenes that they left out.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
it's cool. He wasn't very Grinchy overall...he really wasn't mean to no one.
That's my thing, right from the get go they made the Grinch seem normal and pretty much...nice. Him casually going to Whoville with no one budging was surprising and it never truly felt like he had a heart three sizes too small.

This is a movie that will be nice to throw on during Christmas seasons when it comes out on digital, but the movie overall wasn't anything special I guess given it followed the classic cartoon and live action film.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I've only started gaining a bit of adoration for the live action movie over the years. I remember when I went to see it in 2000, I just kind of forgot about it five minutes after I left the theater.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
piff

big look for pharrell as the narrator and tyler the creator songs throughout. kenan was hilarious

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This movie to me was the weakest of Grinch movies. The Jim Carrey one was underrated imo. Jim really nailed the angst of the character and he almost seemed justified in giving materialistic Whovillians the one two before meeting Cindy Lou.

There were some bright spots though. The animation was simple but beautiful and Illumination Studios is becoming as good as Disney/Pixar and Dreamworks The voice acting was great overall especially Cindy Lou and Keenan (who has grown into an underrated comic). Also Pharell was great as a narrator amd its crazy how Tyler the Creator has grown from being one of the most acidic presences in music to rapping in children's movies (the songs were dope especially the ending credits) what a path.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
3rd best grinch movie out of 3. I thought it was supposed to be a prequel. Wasn’t really a point in making this movie. Not bad or anything, just... there