Anyone own this ACER laptop or know about it?

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to buy a new computer for limited use.

I currently have a MacBook Pro that is from 2011 and has taken a beating over the years. I'm about to do some things online that will need me to use my webcam a lot more. I need to avoid too much glitches and video lag.

For the time being, I'm perfectly fine using built-in webcams. Can any of you tell me if this computer's webcam (link below) will be potentially smoother and better than the webcam that is inside my MacBook Pro from 2011? Thank you for any replies.

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
If you have the extra cash, I'd say upgrade to the AMD Ryzen 5 3500U and pull the trigger

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Appreciate the replies. If I'm not looking for it to be my main laptop, and I'm mostly only using it for video like using Skype and Google Hangouts, would it still be better than my MacBook Pro from 2011?

@MaxBundles btw, I'm not really a tech savvy person, so what would the AMD Ryzen 5 offer me that this one does not? Just in case, I don't really need a lot of storage space on this computer at all.

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
Appreciate the replies. If I'm not looking for it to be my main laptop, and I'm mostly only using it for video like using Skype and Google Hangouts, would it still be better than my MacBook Pro from 2011?

@MaxBundles btw, I'm not really a tech savvy person, so what would the AMD Ryzen 5 offer me that this one does not? Just in case, I don't really need a lot of storage space on this computer at all.
Well if you only care about the webcam, they both 720p so it dont really matter. For me, I'd go with the one I suggested only because 8GB ram is the minimum I'd go when buying a laptop compared the 4 in the one you want.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well if you only care about the webcam, they both 720p so it dont really matter. For me, I'd go with the one I suggested only because 8GB ram is the minimum I'd go when buying a laptop compared the 4 in the one you want.
Appreciate it.

I believe that I can add additional memory on the laptop I linked in the OP if necessary.