Anyone listen to podcasts more than they do music nowadays?

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Yep. Tho I'm trying to get back into music more now.

There are some of the older acts I like, come to find out still doing music. You just gotta check their social media. It seems like that hunger coming back for some.

I just heard J.Cole forest hill drive this week!!! That's how down on the music I was!

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I used to listen music through an mp3 player every day. I had a nickname of 'headphones' for a year once lol

Over time, I realized that almost all music is mindless. Like you learn absolutely nothing listening to it, so it really just serves as an escape from the present. There are conscious rappers, but there's also a realization that you can learn 10x as much by reading a book on the topic instead of a 4 minute song.

I started listen to podcasts like 20 years ago before they were even popular (thank you Foxxhole) and weaned myself off of music for the sake of music. I do comedy podcasts here and there, but mostly shifted to podcasts about my hobbies as well as learning and politics.

Typically I only listen to rap when I'm pregaming/at the club... it's fun when I'm lit but otherwise, listening to murder and drug-talk is at best unproductive in terms of the life I want to live and the things I want to accomplish. I do think that if I still listened to rap regularly, I'd be more likely to put myself in "when keeping it real goes wrong" situations.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah i mostly listen to podcasts and local talk radio. I'll listen to new music when it comes out but even that is starting to feel like a chore.

At some point, i just started to feel like music is generally corny whether socially conscious or love songs, or party music, most of it feels hollow, lyrics started to feel empty to me. Even older music to some extent. I like instrumental music but i find lyrics generally cheesy (there are exceptions of course). So yeah, it's been podcast for the last few years...

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Podcasts do nothing for me unless its educational.

I come on here to talk shyt since at least its interactive.

Music makes every single aspect of life almost better.

I'd probably rather be dead than deaf NGL.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Music > people babbling

music isn’t limited to hip-hop/rap by the way. There’s a whole galaxy of genres and artists to discover

Yea the older I've gotten the more I discover. streaming music really opened the gate.

Growing up sucked cause you were limited to hand me downs or spending good money on a single album.

People were a lot more ignorant and judgmental about what you could and couldn't listen 2.