Anyone Interested in Dissecting the Matrix Trilogy? (Spoilers)

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I love the Matrix! But honestly I find that most people don't really "get" the movies. Honestly I had to watch the last one a few times before it really sunk in. Everytime I watch it I find something new.

Anyway here is my take, the real hero in the movie was the Oracle. Instead of the "one" choosing humanity as usual she instead programmed him (unbeknownst to the other machines/programs) to choose the individual love. Doing so would have lead to the collapse of the Matrix, "crops" would have been lost but ultimately the machines would have rebuilt it like they had done many times before. To end the cycle she created Smith who was meant to active his own self awareness (becoming a virus) upon his first merging with Neo.

His activation into virus mod was powerful enough for him to destroy all the machines and programs. The only way to save humanity and machinery was for Neo and Smith to cancel each other out.

The Oracle basically created an all or nothing scenario to force the hand of the machinery into a truce. Neo, Trinity, Morpheus etc were all just pawns. Although I do find it interesting that Smith was the only one (besides the Oracle) who really understood what was going on although he obviously didn't know to what end.

Any thought? I still have many questions about the movie but that is what I think the core plot is.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Agent Smith did call her mom before he corrupted her data. I can see this

Yes, and he made other comments too to Neo I believe.

Something I always wondered though...what would have happened in the park if he had successfully "corrupted Neo's data."

Also the machines seemed to have some sort of control over the human world. I wondered did that control just extend to people who had been born in the Matrix.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Yes, and he made other comments too to Neo I believe.

Something I always wondered though...what would have happened in the park if he had successfully "corrupted Neo's data."

Also the machines seemed to have some sort of control over the human world. I wondered did that control just extend to people who had been born in the Matrix.
I honestly think if he had corrupted Neo the Matrix would have rebooted like it did in their final fight. One of them was suppose to overtake the other. I don't think it matters which one. That's why Neo let it happen in the last movie when he realized his purpose

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I honestly think if he had corrupted Neo the Matrix would have rebooted like it did in their final fight. One of them was suppose to overtake the other. I don't think it matters which one. That's why Neo let it happen in the last movie when he realized his purpose

True and then the cycle continues

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The architect scene summed up that the Neo/One program was a manipulation for the Matrix. Oracle was basically creating different scenarios based on choices.
Where others have failed.
Reminds me of the scene in Avengers Infinity War where Dr Strange said he tried a million different possible outcomes and the events that lead to the Soul stone being taken was the only way to save the world

In that sense Smith was the "One" Oracle needed after 6 other failed attempts with Neo.

My question is how did that it affect Morpheus in the real world and finding Neo
That means either Morpheus had his memory swiped out to some degree or there were other Morpheus's out there

Last edited:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
My favorite movie..

I think Neo was equivalent to a reformat/ system restore in computer terms.

I wonder was Neo real body and the people of Zion clones '' Zion was destroyed and built again "

Damn never thought of that. I'm sure some of the are. I mean how are their still different races? At that point they all should look similar.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
The architect scene summed up that the Neo/One program was a manipulation for the Matrix. Oracle was basically creating different scenarios based on choices.
Where others have failed.
Reminds me of the scene in Avengers Infinity War where Dr Strange said he tried a million different possible outcomes and the events that lead to the Soul stone being taken was the only way to save the world

In that sense Smith was the "One" Oracle needed after 6 other failed attempts with Neo.

My question is how did that it affect Morpheus in the real world and finding Neo
That means either Morpheus had his memory swiped out to some degree or there were other Morpheus's out there

But Smith was never created before, was he?

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
But Smith was never created before, was he?
I think Smith was the Matrix way of counteracting The One. The One, Morpheus, Trinity, Merovingian, the rogue programs and others like them were hacking the matrix so much that it needed a program to fight them. When Neo started to become aware, Smith started to become aware. When Neo got stronger Smith got stronger etc. Maybe Neo was the virus and Agent Smith was McAfee Protection

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I think Smith was the Matrix way of counteracting The One. The One, Morpheus, Trinity, Merovingian, the rogue programs and others like them were hacking the matrix so much that it needed a program to fight them. When Neo started to become aware, Smith started to become aware. When Neo got stronger Smith got stronger etc. Maybe Neo was the virus and Agent Smith was McAfee Protection

I understand his purpose. The question is whether he was the first virus. I believe he was. They normally counter the anomaly by giving him a choice and redirecting his attention on preserving humanity.