Anyone here have a Microsoft Surface Pro

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Thoughts on it?... Need a reliable portable device for music software, video editing, and business

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
From my experience of the ones I use to fix at work.

1. I hated the Windows 10 UI, Some how the old windows 8/10 metro UI was still active,,,,, it may have been an old model, I can't remember..... It wasn't the New windows 10 desktop interface which I love.
2. It was kinda heavy
3. Don't know what version of gorilla glass it has, I seen some end user shatter the glass display
4. the screen size is 10 or 12 inches
5. It looked cool
6. I didn't not care for the Keyboard at all

If I were you I would cop a 2 in 1- I7 laptop....... I was looking to buy one to do graphic design when not at home

de73276a4d119d1aa062a87bab62

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Doesn't come with the keyboard or pen. Windows 10 is mediocre as hell for tablet use. Just buy a laptop.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
@Call Me James your expertise is needed in here breh breh... I'm actually in the market for one of these myself, is this a good investment?? :lupe:
Doesn't come with the keyboard or pen. Windows 10 is mediocre as hell for tablet use. Just buy a laptop.
No disrespect im just going to jumo in. The surface pro is probably the best tablet out if were being completely honest here.

The keyboard is in the type case, which is sold separately, but that's the case for all tablets. :stopitslime:

Same with the Pen on the newest models for both the iPad Pro and the Surface Pro.

I've owned two different surface pros and also have a surfacebook 2. If you really need to do more intensive editing and don't mind the extra weight the surface book with GPU is the way to lean.

But if you're just doing light editing and not 3d modeling the surface pro will fill your needs.

The surface laptop is also nice, but its a laptop and I doubt you'd want to do any drawing on it. :leostare:

If you're interested in using it without Docking station or have an Xbox one casting to your screen or monitor is fairly simple. If not you'll have to get the dock and if we are being completely honest here they leave a lot to be desired. :patrice:

But Yea, get one. You'll like it. I've only had the type case cover for both Surface pros and never experienced and cracks or breaking and just carry it in my laptop bag/day pack/carry-on pretty frequently. But YMMV. If that's a concern just buy a square trade or extended warranty. :manny:

It's a top product for Microsoft. Updates come timely. I'd steer away from 3rd party tablets. Lenovo :scust:.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I can't speak much on using it as only a tablet because I have he type cover on and it converts to desktop mode while maintaining the touch functionality.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
From my experience of the ones I use to fix at work.

1. I hated the Windows 10 UI, Some how the old windows 8/10 metro UI was still active,,,,, it may have been an old model, I can't remember..... It wasn't the New windows 10 desktop interface which I love.
2. It was kinda heavy
3. Don't know what version of gorilla glass it has, I seen some end user shatter the glass display
4. the screen size is 10 or 12 inches
5. It looked cool
6. I didn't not care for the Keyboard at all

If I were you I would cop a 2 in 1- I7 laptop....... I was looking to buy one to do graphic design when not at home

de73276a4d119d1aa062a87bab62

But not hp:mjlol:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
But not hp:mjlol:

No :hamster: just the 2 in 1 style

oh, Another thing most of those hp, Lenovo ,acer, dell brands etc , use the same motherboard manufacturer. Foxconn, Asus, intel etc.

When I worked at apple they were using Foxconn and then switch to ASUS in some units

Last edited:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I have a surface 3 but not the pro version since I'm only using it to browse and read comics.

I'd say it's a solid product if you need to do light work on it. The type cover is adequate for post commenting but it's not a replacement for a real keyboard.

Windows 10 is also terrible for touch screens, windows 8 did a better job with that by far.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i had my sp3 since launch...off top for video editing...get something else. music, if youre talking about creating music with ableton or anything more than fl...wav intensive...get something else

otherwise its a great device...straight mid range laptop status in terms of power tho