Anyone here cut out rice out of their diet 100%?

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
How did you feel and did you feel lighter, stronger and just overall better?

I wanna figure out a way to cut out rice period.

I'm talking about some meats, cabbage, veggies and so forth full time.

Like throw it in a crock pot of something, like some anime type meals.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Makes me feel sluggish, just asking

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
not gonna act like not eating rice changed much for me as it was never a big part of my diet. but i pretty much cut it out, it's never the grain i go to/eat/cook. i may have a little if i'm at a restaurant or it comes with an entree, but overall rice always made me feel heavy and sits in my stomach weird. i also never really liked rice...pasta, barley, farro, oats, wild rice, quinoa >>> rice...but even then, i've cut most of those out except oats.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Makes me feel sluggish, just asking
Of course everybody is different so it could be rice, it could be what your are eating with the rice, how much, etc. Also the better cardiovascular shape you are in and the more muscle you have, your body tends to process carbs much better.

More a general note than directed at you

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
No, I still eat Wild Rice at home ....

Wild Rice with Green Lentil and the proper seasonings (Parsley, savory, bone broth, etc)

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Not completely, but I have been cutting down. I have heard about riced cauliflower, but I have always been put off by the smell of cauliflower

krisdave

#LGBT #Ghanaian
Daps
I did last year, along with sugar, bread etc cardio everyday for 7 months. lost from 112kg to 78kg. Added rice, bread and sugar to my diet again tho. im not gaining much weight anyway. oh and it was hell when i cut it out

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Earlier this year I experimented using milk, fruit sugars, honey, and some refined sugar as my main source of carbs. This amounted to about 250-350g sugar/day. Wanted to put some science to the test. I bushed rice, potatoes, pasta, bread, and every other carb source during that time. Only fiber I ate was raw carrots and whatever comes with fruits.

Labs came back favorable. Diabetic markers down. Inflammatory markers down. Cholesterol went up (expected). Digestion improved. Post-meal blood sugar swings (the itis) disappeared. Slept better. Overall reduction of stress symptoms. Was nice. :ehh:

My craving and desire to lift decreased though. Felt like pursuing other endeavors. May or may not have been diet related. Exercise performance wasn't negatively affected. Learned I didn't need much protein eating like this, so I kept it 130-140g/day. Workout out fine.

Most interesting is how my weight dropped even though I kept calories the same as before the diet change, where I wasn't losing weight.

My 2c. :ehh:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Nah, haven't cut it out, but I have switched to brown rice and keep it to about a cup a day.

I'm Nigerian and rice is a big part of our diet (Jollof Rice etc). You need carbs to live but you don't need simple carbs. So I've made the switch to sweet potatoes over regular and brown rice over white.

I may start experimenting with Quinoa.