Anyone going to try Popeye's Chicken Waffle Tenders tomorrow?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
http://adage.com/article/news/popeyes-launches-chicken-waffles-tenders/243276/

One of Popeyes' biggest product launches this year drew its inspiration from the West Coast -- a departure for the chain that likes to tout its Louisiana roots.

The limited-time Chicken Waffle Tenders -- boneless chicken strips with a waffle batter, served with a honey maple dipping sauce -- were inspired by the dietary habits of jazz musicians in Los Angeles during 1940s and 50s.

dikk Lynch, chief global brand officer at Popeyes, explained that players finished so late that if they wanted a meal, restaurants and diners would still have fried chicken available while prepping waffle batter. The combination of chicken and waffles has tough-to-trace origins, but this part of its history resonated with Popeyes. And the pairing is apparently experiencing a revival.

"Chicken and waffles is an incredibly trendy, popular and kind of unexpected [product] right now," Mr. Lynch said.

A campaign supporting the product launches July 29 and will include TV work by Popeyes' agencyGSD&M, as well as a digital effort by Campbell Mithun that includes video of the chain's food truck offering the new product, and customer reactions. Mr. Lynch said food trucks, which are trendy in their own right, are common places to find chicken and waffles.

The new item is off-brand for Popeyes because its origins are not traced back to New Orleans or Louisiana. But Mr. Lynch said it isn't straying that far from its tradition. "Jazz is so embedded in the culture of New Orleans that we didn't have to look too hard to find" a connection. "We're looking to real culinary trends, no matter where they came from. The odder the better, frankly."

The product is the first in what will be a series of limited-time "flavor proliferations" of the chicken tenders the chain introduced last year. Mr. Lynch declined to name future offshoots, but said the success of the chicken tender waffles will help determine how many there will be.

I think I'll hit it up sometime this week.

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Chicken-Waffle-Tenders-Popeyes.jpg

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
How is it?

Just like mixing chicken n waffles in one bite. The coating on the chicken has a sweet taste to it, but its not overdone. The strips of chicken I got were big as hell, and good quality. Plump n all that. Maple syrup sauce they give you is bomb as sht. I came in with high expectations, and I thought they knocked it out the park.

Was closer to a chick fil a type product, than popeyes.

Boy C

SPC
Daps
Just "worried" that it'll be so good that I want more. Can't be eating Poppey's now :whoa:

Not to mention the slow as shyt service at my location. Takes a cac 20 minutes for a 5 piece strip box:shaq2:

TEKBEATZ

Banging Pads
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Saint Petersburg. FL
Just like mixing chicken n waffles in one bite. The coating on the chicken has a sweet taste to it, but its not overdone. The strips of chicken I got were big as hell, and good quality. Plump n all that. Maple syrup sauce they give you is bomb as sht. I came in with high expectations, and I thought they knocked it out the park.

Was closer to a chick fil a type product, than popeyes.
I forgotten all about it!! I had Popeye's for lunch and got me a shrimp combo.. Thanks for the review I need to have it this week :takedat: