anyone get stretch marks from liftin

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nothin to be done about it right? got em right above my armpit on both arms, not noticeable at all but shyts kinda wack

:manny:

vert

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bicep/armpit

I had no reason being as heavy as I once was :manny:

They've faded somewhat overtime.

i think you've mentioned this more than once, but how much did you weigh? did you just get fat or were you getting stronger and fatter, but took it too far?

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
i think you've mentioned this more than once, but how much did you weigh? did you just get fat or were you getting stronger and fatter, but took it too far?

I hovered between 215-225 for a couple years after college athletics up until March 2011. I just fell off lol. Had no guidance, no routine, never counted calories, and held onto much of the brosciences out there. Basically little to no knowledge about anything lol.

I remember one time I was in bed bath and beyond, and I stepped on the scale. It read 230. :huhldup: I just had bball shorts and a tshirt on :deadrose:

I'm stronger now than I was then. :myman:

vert

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hovered between 215-225 for a couple years after college athletics up until March 2011. I just fell off lol. Had no guidance, no routine, never counted calories, and held onto much of the brosciences out there. Basically little to no knowledge about anything lol.

I remember one time I was in bed bath and beyond, and I stepped on the scale. It read 230. :huhldup: I just had bball shorts and a tshirt on :deadrose:

I'm stronger now than I was then. :myman:

i know this isn't related that much to the thread, but i'll ask you here because it can't hurt for others to read it..

so what triggered your lifestyle change, and how did you get more familiar w/ more knowledgeable sources and away from the broscience? Lyle McDonald is like the antithesis of broscience..

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
whats a broscience?

i got stretchmarks all over my chest, shoulders, and asscheeks. they fade its not a big deal to me.

also spliff...its possible you actually got the stretch marks from when you got fat...but they didnt become visible until after you lost the weight.

Schwarzkopf

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drink more water and rub some vitamin e cream on them shyts they wont go away but it will help stop you gettin more

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
Stretchmarks are lifetime! nothing we can do about it once we get it.:smh:

I am darkskin and my stretchmarks are light which is pure fukkery, I wish they matched my skin tone.

Anyways make sure to drink alot of water and make a habit of rubbing coco butter on critical areas. The skin needs moisture to stretch and lack of that will result in stretch marks.

also make sure to target the new ones immediately before it changes color.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
i know this isn't related that much to the thread, but i'll ask you here because it can't hurt for others to read it..

so what triggered your lifestyle change, and how did you get more familiar w/ more knowledgeable sources and away from the broscience? Lyle McDonald is like the antithesis of broscience..

A culmination of events.

The start of 2011 I had just recently finished my first PTA semester which consisted of a lot of anatomy with some kines aspects. At the same time, the physiology portion of my A&P classes had also finished. To add to that, I've previously dabbled in unrelated chem classes for the hell of it. I ultimately gained an appreciation for what peer reviewed literature can bring to the table.

I was also just tired of bein chubby and wanted to return to my glory days. A :flabbynsick: 23yr old wasn't a good look.

But the ball didn't start rolling til CTK linked some random Leangains article. The amount of detail and depth backed by scientific literature just blew me away. I hadn't seen anything like it at the time. I ended up reading the entire website in three days. I was addicted. A lot of his ideologies just hit home. I started noticing he'd mentioned guys like Lyle often, and eventually explored to his website. Let's just say it was a done fukkin deal after that. Never looked back.

I bought a BodyMedia FIT, started Leangains, and have been reading Lyle's work (and a few others) since. :myman:

whats a broscience?

also spliff...its possible you actually got the stretch marks from when you got fat...but they didnt become visible until after you lost the weight.

Broscience = bullshyt that sounds like common sense but its far from reality. Examples: "Six meals are better than three," and "Your body can only handle 50g protein max per meal."

And nah my stretch marks were definitely worse when I was bigger :laugh: They've faded to a lighter skin tone since.

vert

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i got stretch marks on my pec/armpit tie in and biceps when i first started lifting and gained 20lbs really fast and i was trying to fix or minimize the situation.

they've faded and im medium complexion so i don't really even notice them unless i look for them.

if your stretch marks are from lifting then they are gonna be in less "bad" looking areas and not on the stomach and stuff, so i wouldnt worry about it. plus stretch marks are not on anyone else's mind once you got aesthetics :jawalrus: