Anyone ever broke-up gracefully?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Me and my current lady have been together for 4 years, on and off for the last 2. We have your normal relationship-ending issues; trust, spending time together, not communicating, and several other things in between.

I don't see any light at the end of this tunnel. Arguments are getting more frequent, louder, and more petty. We keep tryna force shyt that ain't there...we're like a 1990 dodge neon, with 4 different color body panels and no hub caps.

I'm gonna pull the trigger, but I just want the shyt to end calmly...I can shrug it off, wish her success in her future relationships, and go about my biz...but...I know it ain't gonna go like that, but was wondering if anybody has ever been able to do that?

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Tell her "i want you to be happy and obviously you are not when you are with me...." and so on. Provide irrefutable proof.

I've used this or variation many a time and have been moderately successful (say 75% :ehh: ). Good luck breh.

Edit: I know you say you are "ready" to move on but be prepared for the day (and it will come) when you discover she is dating, married or pregnant.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
make sure you are 100% sure breh 100%

alot of people in relationships that long get the gigs (grass is greener syndrome)

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Just sit down and have a real conversation with her. You have to ask her the right questions that ultimately come to the same reality as you: that it just going to work long term.

Ask:
- when you really think about it, is this relationship working for you?
- do you think we are together because we love each other or because we've simply been together for so long?
- do you really picture this working long term?

Ask questions like that and try to have discussion about the true state/future of you guy's relationship.

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
For sure. I just said I had changed and that the relationship was no longer right for me. All truth. He was extremely hurt but said that he had seen it coming. Then we hugged and he left.