Anyone ever BARTEND before??

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
Im in my mid 20's and in school.. I need some more income

I work some bullshyt retail job, and the shyt dont pay well at all

Been thinking of trying it out, after hearing some of em take home $150-300 a night

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
If you dont have experience you gonna be lucky to even barback in a spot. Some barbacks wait 2-3 years to actully get a bartending spot. If bartenders are making good tips odds are they aren't leaving anytime soon but if a bartender is making good money they also have to tip out the barback which means you'll make decent money.

Just get your foot in the door and learn from the good bartenders there. Odds are if you see a bartending job in the paper or something the last bartender left it cause they weren't making any money. Good bartending jobs get filled quickly, they dont make it to the classifieds.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I have, bartended in a restaurant. Dboys and Strippers were my best tippers.

Usually the kiosk had recipes for shyt i was unsure of.

And if worst came to worst, and I'd just say we were out of what we needed to make that drink.

Or I'd over pour alcohol and freestyle the drink :yeshrug:

women to to make more bar tending also. Guy bartenders usually have to rely more on actual drink making skills/making regular customers and giving hookups to ppl buying alot of alcohol.

-DMP-

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Barbacked in MIA :win: Bartended 2x before quitting. Bartending school was a total ripoff, but at learned I learned how to make drinks :manny: For me it's mainly worth it from a socializing perspective. Any hustler can find a better way to make money, but if you're young in a hip city, it's THE easiest way to get to meet people. Usually bars have their own scenes, and you become a local. Anybody who's been to the Bartender's Bash in South Beach can attest to this truth :lawd: Only do it to socialize and for quick cash. Bars come and go, don't make a career out of it.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
you will be able to lie your way into a serving job before you can get a bar-tending gig w/o experience.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Lets not be a medium. Serving friends demonic spirits that alter their souls chemically can create portals to their soul for demons to enter and fulfill demonic omens. Prophecies that leave friends oblivionated.

drag-me-to-hell-horror-movies-22701111-480-204.gif

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Im in my mid 20's and in school.. I need some more income

I work some bullshyt retail job, and the shyt dont pay well at all

Been thinking of trying it out, after hearing some of em take home $150-300 a night

Oh sh*t, just noticed, you in the Chi? I had a boy who used to work at the Drake, I can try to see if I can get you on, but you need to have some experience. Let me know if you will take lessons. No homo, but you need to be clean and in shape, so hit the treadmill if you ain't.

IrishBrother

Bubblin' in Dublin
Daps
Offer to barback for free to prove you are a good worker. When you get the barbacking gig, work your bolloxks off until you get thrown a bar shift or two. Once you get in - you will make bank.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Offer to barback for free to prove you are a good worker. When you get the barbacking gig, work your bolloxks off until you get thrown a bar shift or two. Once you get in - you will make bank.

:rudy: Nikkaz hurtin' out here you talkin' about work for free? :why: Any respectable establishment will give a barback minimum wage plus 5-10% of tips of the night. But you gotta get on though, which is why you need to know how to mix drinks. Usually you get on because the main bartender needs a night off or wants to holler at a few friends, so he lets you hold the reins. Never, ever work for free brehs. Never.

IrishBrother

Bubblin' in Dublin
Daps
:rudy: Nikkaz hurtin' out here you talkin' about work for free? :why: Any respectable establishment will give a barback minimum wage plus 5-10% of tips of the night. But you gotta get on though, which is why you need to know how to mix drinks. Usually you get on because the main bartender needs a night off or wants to holler at a few friends, so he lets you hold the reins. Never, ever work for free brehs. Never.

I did for just under a year and I now earn twice the average industrial wage. Its a cut throat world out there.