Anyone else prefer watching movies with the "Soap Opera Effect" on?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-the-soap-opera-effect/

Just copped a new 65" Sony 4K TV. Watching football was nice but my jaw hit the floor when I started watching movies/tv shows on it. Even old movies (like Rush Hour) looked hyper real on it. I couldn't figure out why movies looked so different on this TV while sports looked much like any other HD TV I had before. I kept asking myself are the upscalers on the 4K TV only working when I watch HBO or some other premiem movie channel and not working when I watch football on ESPN?

Then I read up on this soap opera effect shyt on new TVs and realized that I could turn that hyper real effect off. Lets just put it this way, I tried going back to the old way I used to watch movies but really can't do it anymore. The added frames and hyper real look of the movies looked so much better to me.

I guess now I see what all that hoopla over the Hobbit was about a couple of years ago. I guess I can say that I'm on the Peter Jackson/James Cameron corner. I think movies look alot better at higher frame rates.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
I've never seen it on 720p or 1080p TVs but on my new 4K tv, it looks dope. its almost like you're there watching whats going on rather than looking at a screen.

the best way I'd describe it is HYPER REAL.
that shyt is uber trash when you looking at movies

its like watching a handycam home movie of a play

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I've never seen it on 720p or 1080p TVs but on my new 4K tv, it looks dope. its almost like you're there watching whats going on rather than looking at a screen.

the best way I'd describe it is HYPER REAL.
out of curiosity , what size is your new 4K and what size were your old tvs?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Breh my tv has been set on that since I got it and I'm so used to it by now. The first time though it was trippy as fukk. Especially watching black and white movies.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
My homies TV has that. I was watching Power over there and that shyt was blowing the fukk outta me. :scust: