Anyone else never used an "ignore" feature on any forum?

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
i dont get how posters feel like they are accomplishing something on forums by ignoring posters and then making it public like it means anything.

i was just searching my screen name and saw that a poster made it clear they put me on ignore and i just laughed and asked myself why so serious? like everyone i may say some stupid stuff at times but to totally ignore me?

i read posts on forums all the time that are stupid, cringe worthy or insulting and never once have i thought about ignoring another poster if anything its those exact posts that make it worth even reading

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
I never considered using it before but I'm seriously considering using it right now on certain posters :mjpls:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Its no point, you still see when they post anyways and you'll most likely clicc on "show post" :manny:

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
People who feel the need to publicly state that such and such is on their ignore list are just corny lames who wanna feel important.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I have one guy on ignore that made one of the most racist comments I've read on here. I know this is mostly a black/wannabe black forum so the shyt you guys say about Mexican is :ehh: but this dude :pacspit:

I put him on ignore cause I don't want to read, laugh, or dap anything he says about anything. Everyone else is cool

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
This is the only forum that I've ever ignored posters. One kept sending me annoying and disrespectful PMs and the other felt the need to address me disrespectfully in a few posts. If I'm not disrespected in everyday life by people I know, why in the world am I going to subject myself to it online.

I only made it public to them because they felt the need to continue addressing me (you still get the notification if they quote you, pm you, or post on your page). I wanted them to stop wasting their time because I wasn't going to read what they had to say. Neither has addressed me since I made it known that they are on ignore.

Other than that, I have never ignored anyone.