Anyone else having MacOs Catalina issues?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
So I finally upgraded my MacBook pro to this operating system and it's been kinda frustrating.

Besides multiple applications not working, the reinvention of iTunes into three separate apps is a clusterfukk.

The music and podcast app are ok. But the fukking books app is terrible.

The reason for this is cuz in the books app, u can no longer edit the metadata of each individual book chapter.

I have a large number of audiobooks, and managing them is now impossible.

What I ended up doing to fix this late last night was finding the audiobook mp3's in the finder. Then turn off the option for iTunes to my files. Then manually move everything to music app. Then I check the options to remember where each track last stopped and not to include these files when I shuffle my music.

This works, but I don't want my books on my music app in the phone, but I'm forced to do this until Apple can fix this which would let me move the files back into the books app.

In iTunes, I could have audiobook playlist on the same app as music playlist with the metadata set up to recognize each type of audio file. And I could sync the playlist to my phone via iTunes.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
All the apps have to be 64bit now. Google Chrome is 64bit but kept crashing on me. I saw on reddit that someone said to download chrome beta until they fix it. It works.

k5banga

Evil has a NEW face..
Daps
they released another update today to combat some of the problems with it

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
I haven't upgraded yet. I kept seeing people on twitter saying their shyt frozen for hours and other problems so I'm holding off.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Don't upgrade one of apples core system apps is still 32-bit :mindblown:and some people are losing everything

i was forced to reformat my daughters mac book pro...she's in college and luckily everything is saved on my onedrive...

and i got 2 other macbook i didnt update yet that wont go online. sites just hang