Anyone else feels lazy about starting a new game?

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Yeah, but what really gets me is when I put down a game I enjoy for a few days/weeks, and the anxiety about re-learning the mechanics keeps me from wanting to pick it back up. So many games I never finish because I don't want to relearn.

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Yeah, but what really gets me is when I put down a game I enjoy for a few days/weeks, and the anxiety about re-learning the mechanics keeps me from wanting to pick it back up. So many games I never finish because I don't want to relearn.

That's exactly why I haven't picked up Ghosts of Tshushima in over a year. I've played both Horizon games on PS5 and Spider-Man 2 since then and I still have Arkham controls embedded in my brain. I know the controls in GOT are pretty simple, but I hesitate every time I think about it.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's my whole gaming existence these days. I'm playing games i've already played or short stuff that doesn't require a big investment or learning curve.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
No. Starting new games before I finish any is my problem. I got a lot of games I ain't played in a while but I'm in the final act/chapter.
This is why I always have one game installed at a time.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Yea I usually have to warm up on some bullshyt like a low stakes multiplayer game or some free to play daily quests before I switch over. I just beat Neon White on GamePass that shyt grabbed me immediately. Most games not doing that. I think alot of games assume you have 1-2hours to fukk around letting it build before you really play, and that's not always true..

First thing I do is hit up howlongtobeat.. if it's under 10-15 hours then it's probably OK to jump in. Anything over yea ima need to warm up.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Knowing you are gonna have to learn new gameplay systems, the rules of the game world, the gameplay loop, controls etc.

I finished Shadow of the GOATree like a week ago, downloaded a warhammer RTS I had on Epic and haven't even boot it up due to laziness.
After finishing Elden Ring you gotta take a break and play something less intense for a minute. Try Tiger Woods PGA tour or something lol

UNATTACHED

OMG What happened to Virgil?
Daps
It's really hard to finish single player story games.
Cyberpunk
Starfield
Red dead redemption 2
Ghosts of tsushima
Sifu
No man's sky
It's probably more shyt I'm forgetting too
Cfb 25 has all my time right now and then 2k is next gen on pc finally and fifa is coming out around the same time.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My problem is both starting a new one and getting back into a game I put down, so 95% of the time I wanna play something :mjlol:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell yeah, plus I have too many damn options. All these games on PS Plus as well as the monthly free ones, not to mention the games I want to replay.

Life is funny like that though. I had the time to play all these games when I was a kid but not the money, now I have the money but not the time.:beli:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
It's the worst with open world games and ones that have a bunch of crafting mechanics (which is too many now). Just so much shyt to remember.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
It's the worst with open world games and ones that have a bunch of crafting mechanics (which is too many now). Just so much shyt to remember.
Yep, this one isn't even open world but I was playing Midnight Suns a couple of months ago, there were soooo many fukking mechanics, like 5 hours in and they were still teaching you shyt, fukking awful, 20 mins in you should already know how to play the game imo.