Anyone else deep on the Nike+ system? Runners with either the sensor, watch, fitband, or all?

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I got the watch for christmas and man I love this thing...makes realistic goal setting much easier for someone who runs freestyle through the city...I have run 35 Miles MTD so I know a goal of 50mi/month in 2014 is realistic and I can get to 75 in the summer easily....

Anyone else use their stuff?

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
i used to fukk with Nike+ heavy back when it first came out and you had to use it with the iPod nano and put the receiver in your shoe for it to work properly. I enjoyed the Nike+ community because it was for people who weren't super deep into the running thing and the challenges were fun too. But the Nike+ system isn't for "serious" runners and I eventually switched to Garmin/Garmin connect which (while not perfect) will better serve the needs of those who run/bike/swim on a regular basis and need to analyze their data and manage it thoroughly.

When Nike came out with their GPS watch, I considered staying with them but it was their first watch, unproven among runners and it was $200 bucks, the same price as the Garmin GPS watch I got. The price has since fallen but they need a couple more years to prove themselves because Garmin is king in this particular arena.

But the Nike/Nike+ experience has improved, so use it to stay motived and keep track of your goals. You'll enjoy the Nike+ community since a ton of people are active and involved in it.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I got the nike watch, some free runs and the sensor a few years ago and I still use it.

Great for cardio days and tracking progress

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I use both Garmin and Nike. I use my Nike running app on my phone because it lets me keep track of friends. This always keeps memotivated. I am trying to average 20 miles a week this year but the weather and road closures have held me back so far.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I use the strava app for both biking and running. I also use nike+ for running. I use both and the times are only slightly off. I think strava is more accurate.

I have had the nike fuel band for a few years, but the battery is dying, so I don't know how much longer it will last. I just got the sports watch for running. this means I might not need to use the phone nike running app since they are integrated I believe.

now that I am damn near injury free, I typically run almost 100mi a month, so I will use it a lot.