Anyone do Romanian Deadlifts?

Lilbeast

All Star
Daps
I've read online that they are good for your back. My lower back has consistently hurt for 3 or 4 years and I think I'm finally ready to target it. Have yall gotten good results from these?*

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
i do em every leg day right after squats, i like doing them high rep sets like 5x10 or 5x15. if u use double overhand grip both hammies and forearms gonna be dying at the end of each set :wow: i also noticed carryover to normal deadlift as well.

i dont think they work the back too much tho breh, i mainly feel it in hamstrings and glutes.

semtex

:)
Daps
If you do romanian deadlifts correctly, they are low-key the best back exercise in existence. Most people don't understand the movement though. What you have to do is use your lats to pin the bar against your legs, and focus on moving the hips out and back in again. Don't think of it as a deadlift in your head because that will mess you up.

Daps
Reppin
DMV
I do them after I sumo deadlift. Meh is right. Its more of a hip hinge than anything else. Drop the hips first then bend.

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
You're gonna hit the hips, glutes, and hams more than your back with romanian deadlifts just like regular deadlifts. Tbar rows and back extensions(weighted) should be more than enough.

Honestly with a bad back I wouldn't even tempt myself with potential back rounding exercises like deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, squats, and good mornings