Anyone been or know anyone that's been in the Peace Corps?

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
My little cousin who's been living in Cali for the last decade joined....

Anyway, she flew into Philly last night for a seminar before she left today to Rwanda...

so basically i treated her to her last night in America for the next 2 years...that was a lot of pressure ...didnt get to link up until almost 10 pm so options were limited but i had to think what to do where to take her to eat for her last night :lupe:

Anyway, anyone have experience with this? I got her address to send care packages but would like to hear stories/experiences

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
The kind of pipe that she going to get in Rwanda. :wow:

kanye_zps636a4ac9.gif

I thought the Peace corps allowed you to visit home once a year?

i think she can visit the us but she may not have the funds for the flight but ill help out what i can if she wants to....if she was not in such a remote location i would consider going out there i always wanted to visit Africa after all its the motherland for the human race :yeshrug:

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
Had 2 HS friends of mine take off for a 2 year trip to africa. 1 came back all fukked up aint same dude anymore. Other lost contact 1 year in never came back. Family hasnt heard about him till this day 9 years later. Peace Corps dont know shyt either.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
Had 2 HS friends of mine take off for a 2 year trip to africa. 1 came back all fukked up aint same dude anymore. Other lost contact 1 year in never came back. Family hasnt heard about him till this day 9 years later. Peace Corps dont know shyt either.

ohsnap.gif

:sadcam: that's my cuzzo imma have to make it a point to write to her often so she won't end up like that

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I thought the Peace corps allowed you to visit home once a year?

I know someone in the Corp and they visiting home at least twice this year (for her sister's bridal shower and wedding). She is about to be finished though so idk if that makes a difference.

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
ohsnap.gif

:sadcam: that's my cuzzo imma have to make it a point to write to her often so she won't end up like that

Do so keeps them sane and in touch with life back home. Homie thats out here just stays locked up in his room dude is 27 no job no girl. Can never get him to go out and chill. Feel bad for him lives down the block just see him cleaning yard around his house zoned out.

Looked into his shyt with his mom dude got sent on some shytty mission got kidnapped with others we believe he got raped or tortured or saw some fukked up shyt. He dont let anyone touch him or see him without 10 pieces of clothes on him.

:shaq2:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Will she be in Kigali or in some random little town/village? If she's in Kigali you got direct flights from Europe, so it's not THAT remote (all things considered obviously, it's still a whole other continent)

My older cousin knew some Peace Corps in Bangui (CAR) that were partying all the time. Most people I knew who spent time in Rwanda loved the experience, granted most spoke french, that makes it easier of course.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Do so keeps them sane and in touch with life back home. Homie thats out here just stays locked up in his room dude is 27 no job no girl. Can never get him to go out and chill. Feel bad for him lives down the block just see him cleaning yard around his house zoned out.

Looked into his shyt with his mom dude got sent on some shytty mission got kidnapped with others we believe he got raped or tortured or saw some fukked up shyt. He dont let anyone touch him or see him without 10 pieces of clothes on him.

Damn...which country did he go to?

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
What field is your cousin working in?

not sure she said she most likely will be working at a clinic or orphanage but didnt say much else she said they will evaluate and give her a designation she i think she may be a little in the dark about that too

wow thats crazy...yea imma do my best to write send her stuff and keep her updated with current events here keep her somewhat connected ....appreciate the advice/sharing the story bruh

Will she be in Kigali or in some random little town/village? If she's in Kigali you got direct flights from Europe, so it's not THAT remote (all things considered obviously, it's still a whole other continent)

My older cousin knew some Peace Corps in Bangui (CAR) that were partying all the time. Most people I knew who spent time in Rwanda loved the experience, granted most spoke french, that makes it easier of course.

yes the address she gave me was in kigali but she said she is only there for like 3 months for training/classes then most likely will be in a villiage so i have no clue after that :to:

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
No doubt shyt can get lonely. I think my homie was still to fresh to be doing that shyt not really experiencing the world fresh outta HS.