Anybody try out playstation vr?

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
Now that skyrims released and stuff I as thinking maybe to play that damn game again but being actually in the world. Is it actually good? Lemme know. Thanks

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Now that skyrims released and stuff I as thinking maybe to play that damn game again but being actually in the world. Is it actually good? Lemme know. Thanks
I tried it, but I was distracted by this crunching sound Everytime I took a step on @Fatboi1 carpet :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
ordered Skyrim bundle for 350 on Amazon

they claim its coming tomorrow, never tried VR before and will give u my honest opinion

(I'm one of those emo pessimist who thinks everything on earth sucks and I sometimes wish I was never born, so if I end up liking it then I guess its worth lookin into)

#TMI

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
ordered Skyrim bundle for 350 on Amazon

they claim its coming tomorrow, never tried VR before and will give u my honest opinion

(I'm one of those emo pessimist who thinks everything on earth sucks and I sometimes wish I was never born, so if I end up liking it then I guess its worth lookin into)

#TMI

I hate my life and wish I would die in my sleep too. Let me know how it goes. :salute:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Daps
Reppin
Still messing around with it so I honestly can't give a definitive opinion it (if anyone has any tips on how to properly calibrate everything then it would be welcomed)

haven't tried Skyrim yet but I played a few laps in Driveclub VR and played the Shark experience in VR Worlds.

The immersion in the Shark Experience and Driveclub is pretty dope, I felt like that Shark was actually inches away from me and I was lowkey shaking like a lil hoe.

But so far my main gripe with both the Shark experience and Driveclub is that screen door effect. I read months ago that its less apparent on PSVR than it is on the Vive/Rift (check random articles on google, but @Ciggavelli owns all 3 so his opinion on screen door effect between the 3 is the one u want to hear) and I honestly hope that's not true because it lowkey bugged me while playing Driveclub. (and PSVR supposedly has less of it, bull fukkin sh1t)

This site claims there's none and that's kinda ridiculous or maybe my ish is just faulty?
PlayStation VR: why there's no screen-door effect

Not even gonna lie.... Half of me is like "this is kinda great" but the other half is really hating the screen door effect right now, it's keeping me from fully enjoying the experience. Remove that one thing and there's nothing bad I can say about it

The graphics and resolution aren't an issue, they're fine imo . Its just that damn screen door effect that's reminding me that I'm in a game

any way to eliminate it or at the very least reduce the effect a bit? possibly lowering brightness?

Looking for tips to fully calibrate before I try Skyrim.

I also have no clue out to connect the move controllers to the PS4 or calibrate them with the camera

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Still messing around with it so I honestly can't give a definitive opinion it (if anyone has any tips on how to properly calibrate everything then it would be welcomed)

haven't tried Skyrim yet but I played a few laps in Driveclub VR and played the Shark experience in VR Worlds.

The immersion in the Shark Experience and Driveclub is pretty dope, I felt like that Shark was actually inches away from me and I was lowkey shaking like a lil hoe.

But so far my main gripe with both the Shark experience and Driveclub is that screen door effect. I read months ago that its less apparent on PSVR than it is on the Vive/Rift (check random articles on google, but @Ciggavelli owns all 3 so his opinion on screen door effect between the 3 is the one u want to hear) and I honestly hope that's not true because it lowkey bugged me while playing Driveclub. (and PSVR supposedly has less of it, bull fukkin sh1t)

This site claims there's none and that's kinda ridiculous or maybe my ish is just faulty?
PlayStation VR: why there's no screen-door effect

Not even gonna lie.... Half of me is like "this is kinda great" but the other half is really hating the screen door effect right now, it's keeping me from fully enjoying the experience. Remove that one thing and there's nothing bad I can say about it

The graphics and resolution aren't an issue, they're fine imo . Its just that damn screen door effect that's reminding me that I'm in a game

any way to eliminate it or at the very least reduce the effect a bit? possibly lowering brightness?

Looking for tips to fully calibrate before I try Skyrim.

I also have no clue out to connect the move controllers to the PS4 or calibrate them with the camera

It seems like me and @Fatboi1 are the only ones that mention the screen door effect. It plagues all the headsets. I hate it too, but the resolution on all these headsets is low because of the horse-power required. @Barney Rubble (I think it was him...) linked a "1440p" in each eye VR headset that some company is making, but I haven't heard anything about that recently.

To be fair, you do get used to the screen-door effect over time. But it is very noticeable when you first experience VR. Given that many of us are used to 4K resolutions, the screen door effect is especially bothersome. I mean, look at the Doom and Skyrim VR reviews. They're all like, it's cool, but I have no idea why you'd play the VR versions over the standard ones. Doom, Fallout 4, and Syrim VR are all getting reviewed in the 70s on metacritic.That's telling, considering how the og games were reviewed much higher.

One thing that you probably haven't had the time to experience, given that you just got the PSVR, is teleport movement. I fukking hate teleport movement in VR! It fukking is terrible. It is implemented in VR games because "natural locomation (i.e, actually moving forward, in real time)" causes people to get sick. Yeah, it does at first, but you get used to it. I hate teleport movement more than the screen door effect. If the game only has teleport movement, I skip it entirely.

The PSVR only really has a few games that are actually good. That's Rez Infinite, Thumper, and Farpoint (with the gun peripheral). Actually Farpoint is the only one that will make you :ohlawd:, as Rez and Thumper are also available without VR and still are fun.

The Rift has the best games, and they're exclusive to that headset. Lone Echo, Wilson's Heart, Chronos, Edge of Nowhere, etc. Also, aside from the Bethesda games, all the other "hot" VR games are on the Rift too. Rez, Thumper, Arizona Sunshine, Raw Data, etc. The Rift has the best controllers too. The PSVR shyt uses those damn nunchucks and the Vive's "touch pad" is trash. If you have to play VR games, the Rift is the best way. I haven't used my Vive in about a year, and the PSVR I've only used a few times recently. The only game I wanna play on the PSVR is Resident Evil (shout out to @Kamikaze Revy), but that's coming to the Rift early next year, so I can wait for a better experience.

There's a reason why I only have the Rift set up in my apartment. :francis:

Sorry for being so negative, but I'm a negative person :manny:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
It seems like me and @Fatboi1 are the only ones that mention the screen door effect. It plagues all the headsets. I hate it too, but the resolution on all these headsets is low because of the horse-power required. @Barney Rubble (I think it was him...) linked a "1440p" in each eye VR headset that some company is making, but I haven't heard anything about that recently.

To be fair, you do get used to the screen-door effect over time. But it is very noticeable when you first experience VR. Given that many of us are used to 4K resolutions, the screen door effect is especially bothersome. I mean, look at the Doom and Skyrim VR reviews. They're all like, it's cool, but I have no idea why you'd play the VR versions over the standard ones. Doom, Fallout 4, and Syrim VR are all getting reviewed in the 70s on metacritic.That's telling, considering how the og games were reviewed much higher.

One thing that you probably haven't had the time to experience, given that you just got the PSVR, is teleport movement. I fukking hate teleport movement in VR! It fukking is terrible. It is implemented in VR games because "natural locomation (i.e, actually moving forward, in real time)" causes people to get sick. Yeah, it does at first, but you get used to it. I hate teleport movement more than the screen door effect. If the game only has teleport movement, I skip it entirely.

The PSVR only really has a few games that are actually good. That's Rez Infinite, Thumper, and Farpoint (with the gun peripheral). Actually Farpoint is the only one that will make you :ohlawd:, as Rez and Thumper are also available without VR and still are fun.

The Rift has the best games, and they're exclusive to that headset. Lone Echo, Wilson's Heart, Chronos, Edge of Nowhere, etc. Also, aside from the Bethesda games, all the other "hot" VR games are on the Rift too. Rez, Thumper, Arizona Sunshine, Raw Data, etc. The Rift has the best controllers too. The PSVR shyt uses those damn nunchucks and the Vive's "touch pad" is trash. If you have to play VR games, the Rift is the best way. I haven't used my Vive in about a year, and the PSVR I've only used a few times recently. The only game I wanna play on the PSVR is Resident Evil (shout out to @Kamikaze Revy), but that's coming to the Rift early next year, so I can wait for a better experience.

There's a reason why I only have the Rift set up in my apartment. :francis:

Sorry for being so negative, but I'm a negative person :manny:
I think raw data is on the demo disc that came with the bundle

still reading a few sites on how to calibrate the image, seen something about manually adjusting the IPD or whatever

will look into it but after the Warriors game, Kobe jersey being retired, so PSVR can wait

RE7 and Farpoint are on my to cop list, Superhot too, Blood and Truth looks interesting but it isn't out yet

Its odd u put the rift over the vive tho cause it seems everyone is dikeating the vive these days

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think raw data is on the demo disc that came with the bundle

still reading a few sites on how to calibrate the image, seen something about manually adjusting the IPD or whatever

will look into it but after the Warriors game, Kobe jersey being retired, so PSVR can wait

RE7 and Farpoint are on my to cop list, Superhot too, Blood and Truth looks interesting but it isn't out yet

Its odd u put the rift over the vive tho cause it seems everyone is dikeating the vive these day

It's all about the games and controllers... The Rift does it the best.

As an aside, the Vive can play the Rift exclusives with some program, so I guess the Vive has it all, and is probably the headset to get. The Vive just has shyt controllers, and it takes a lot of space to set up. The Rift :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
the Vive can play the Rift exclusives with some program,

tritus vr is the name of the program or sum sh1t? (my memory is garbage)

I'm too broke to buy another headset for the pc but I might look into hacking the psvr so I can play PC joints with it. I read that u can cop 3 PS3 cameras for like $6 a piece and have urself a bootleg Vive on a PlayStation budget. Would like to try GTA V in VR