Anybody remember the "Clone Saga" Spiderman comics from the mid-90s?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Shyt had to be the most :mindblown: comic book storyline of all time?

Some of the concepts were interesting, but you could still tell it was kind of a clusterfukk of different writers wanting to do different things and end it in different ways.

I remember being :wtf: when they decided that Ben Reilly was the original Peter Parker. And then after fans complained about it for a while they went back on it. :heh:

I think there were other clones too like Kaine that they didn't know what to do with...then they randomly decided that the Green Goblin was still alive and behind the whole thing. :wtf:

Kinda sucks that they killed off Reilly though, he really was a good character.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah I remember getting a nosebleed from it as a kid..it got too wild, too out of control, too bloated and just too much. There's a nice streamlined version of it that came out in the comics a couple years ago

Spider-Man: The real clone saga

I read one issue of it and it was cool, check it out, you might like it

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Yeah it was pretty terrible, Ben Reilly had to have had the worst spiderman suit ever.
Then the whole kaine thing... Yeah it was :trash:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Went on for years..finally ended in like 97.

I gotta check the Gwen Stacy story about her being brought back to be a whore for Osborne. I can't believe they wrote that.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
my last comic series. copped a few ben reilly spidey issues after that but they didn't hold my interest. loved the covers and the artwork. Kaine, Peter, Scarlet Spider, that molecule Spiderman :mindblown:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
hated the way it ended. They killed doc ock and brought back the back green goblin and that fukker became the main spider man villain for while.

Kabnis

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only spidey I was reading during that time was Untold Tales of Spider-man. Pat Oliffe drew a mean spidey. Really great series.

Admittedly, I did like the whole Parents are cyborgs story arc before where Spider-man goes apeshyt and nearly kills the Chameleon only to find out that Harry Osborn put him up to that shyt. The 90's...

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
ugh.

I admit, it was a cool idea. They pushed the shyt too far, though.

I'm enjoying the present day ramifications of it far more. The Scarlet Spider series (Kaine in Texas) is great.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
hated the way it ended. They killed doc ock and brought back the back green goblin and that fukker became the main spider man villain for while.

Yeah I remember they had that female Doc Ock for a while :heh:

Green Goblin being the mastermind just came out of nowhere though. RIP to the gawd Ben Reilly :salute: