Anybody on here own a Pixel/Pixel XL?

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I had a Pixel XL from November (I think ) to April. From what I could remember... It saves photos automatically to Google Photos app.

and I don't think you can send gifs through their default texting app, gotta download a third party one. Not sure if things changed since i heard Google Messenger had an update recently that made it seem more like iMessage.. Never tried tho

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
How does it save photos? Do you end up with a bunch of folders or 1 folder like on iPhones?[when you purchase, it'll ask if you have a google account. From there it'll auto save to your google photos account. Considering there is no other pre-programmed photo app, I believe google photos is what your IU photo collection is saved under.]

Can you send gifs thru text or you gotta download an app?[You can send gifs through text. Yes. And it'll send Coli smilies, also.]

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
How does it save photos? Do you end up with a bunch of folders or 1 folder like on iPhones?

Can you send gifs thru text or you gotta download an app?

It automatically saves your photos to the cloud. Through Google Photos but you do have the option to store them locally if you want.

and yes it can send Gifs.

Boogie

Big Homie
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
My Pixel XL got the Oreo update 2 days a ago on Verizon.:banderas:

Is it as good as it look? I know iphone nikkas like to clown but at this point there is no advantage over buying 1 over the other.

If you cop a cheap ass android yea you can tell the difference but if you cop a s8 or pixel you ain't missing out on nothing.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Got a Pixel XL.

Pics save to Google Photos, you get unlimited high quality storage if you purchased a Pixel/XL.

And yes, you can send gifs through the standard Messenger, me and my wife do it all the time. She has a Pixel.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Is it as good as it look? I know iphone nikkas like to clown but at this point there is no advantage over buying 1 over the other.

If you cop a cheap ass android yea you can tell the difference but if you cop a s8 or pixel you ain't missing out on nothing.

I really don't like the white notification background and the new emojis.

Other than that, it's a small update. Mostly background stuff. Finally got a built-in file explorer which is super dope.

Boogie

Big Homie
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I really don't like the white notification background and the new emojis.

Other than that, it's a small update. Mostly background stuff. Finally got a built-in file explorer which is super dope.

But they look like the iPhone emoji now :banderas: