Anybody on here ever start their own business...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
IM on my second attempt,my first one failed....All i will say is family and business do not go together...

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But, no one ever talks about failing on here.

Look at that idiot John Goodman's post history.

If he hit it on the first time he is blessed...I dont know his story..I know that I have been doing my own thing for about 6 years but failed much times in the first couple..There was times that I was losing money..I was in barnes and noble every night trying not to give up, reading inspirational book on businesses, and one thing they all had in common was 99% of people that want to be entrepreneurs dont make it because they dont make that first step...which is try it, they only think it and never act on it...The other was common knowledge from school, which is almost all small businesses show no profit the first year, and just as much in the 2nd..Once thing that learned from alot was try, and try again, you are bound to fail, but if you dont give up you will hit it at least once. This was a common point with many entrepreneurs that have numerous ventures. I am doing okay for myself now at 30, I took baby steps and plan to grow obviously..

I dont know who is lying on here from who isn't but one thing I notice is many people make it sound so easy..like "do this and this, and this will happen its easy"...."or all you have to do is have this mentality, hustle, drive, etc.." I know its all in theory because I heard the same thing that people have been saying foryears...but its not that easy or we would all be rich....

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
But, no one ever talks about failing on here.

Look at that idiot John Goodman's post history.

If you read that 100k thread, the Threadstarter would alreAdy know this fOrum is full of entrepreneurs who have all succeeded right out the gate with their own businesses With no business experience despite having plenty of free time to post on here 50 times a day and bag a roster of dimes.

And yeah, John Goodmans posts wreak of :duck:

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
If you read that 100k thread, the Threadstarter would alreAdy know this fOrum is full of entrepreneurs who have all succeeded right out the gate with their own businesses With no business experience despite having plenty of free time to post on here 50 times a day and bag a roster of dimes.

And yeah, John Goodmans posts wreak of :duck:

we all used to move weight too

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
I am very interested in opening my own business but would like to wait a few years to save some money up and wait to invest it in a business that I think could be really successful and that I could put a lot of my time into

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
I've started a business that failed before. I was in over my head at the time

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I've had "buisnesses." Ifu can cal them that! Or maybe u can call these hustles, let me explain. in college. I was a full fledged entrepenuer. I bred and rasied rottweilers. Each litter my female had I sold for 500-700 bucks each. My dogs were akc registered also. The fact that my male dog was puttin out at least 9 healthy pups per litter. I started to stud him with other rott females and I charged a fee per stud session. This was very lucrative for me. I made at least 6gz per litter. Also I had a huge dvd, cd hustle I had on campus. I was gettin money as a college student. I guess u couldn't call them legitimate buisnesses, because I didn't acquire a business lic or file a biz tax return. But my mentality was that I ran it like a real business

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Started a financial advisory company..............

and then 2008 economic shytfest came and crushed the buildings..............

along with my dreams:to:.............

at the time.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I am very interested in opening my own business but would like to wait a few years to save some money up and wait to invest it in a business that I think could be really successful and that I could put a lot of my time into

Same but this thread is scaring me

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
I wouldn't say "failed" but I've had some businesses not be as lucrative as I liked and moved on.

I once had an in-home recording studio that some nikkas broke into while I wasn't home. That deaded that little experiment. :shaq2:

Daps
IM on my second attempt,my first one failed....All i will say is family, friends and business do not go together...

fixed from experience.

I heard a real ass quote.

You can be friends with your business partners but you can;t be business partners with your friends.