Anybody messing with Drone's? Just picked up a starter unit....

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
My homie showed me his DJI Phantom 4, I was like :ohhh::gladbron::whew::feedme:. I instantly wanted to get one. Went to my local hobby store earlier today, employee talked me into getting a cheap starter to learn how to fly 1st, them moving to the expensive bigger joints. Now I can see the addiction, these things are pretty slick. Especially the ones that use the VR glasses.

My cheap one ($39) is nothing special but you do learn how to fly it. Has 1/4 mile range out and up, battery is about 5-10 min. Been using it in the kitchen so I don't damage my tv or speakers in the living room from crashing.

Add on if you have one or shopping and your experience with them........

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The thing with "learning how to fly" a drone is a bit of a waste of time IMO.
I found it's more about budget.
When you start to get into the Phantom 4 drones and the Mavic Pro, those things fly themselves, literally.
They have sensors for stability and tracking to come back to you at the push of a button.
IMO the learning part will be getting used to taking great shots with the camera. The flying part is easy.
It's definitely a very fun hobby, albeit, expensive.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
The thing with "learning how to fly" a drone is a bit of a waste of time IMO.
I found it's more about budget.
When you start to get into the Phantom 4 drones and the Mavic Pro, those things fly themselves, literally.
They have sensors for stability and tracking to come back to you at the push of a button.
IMO the learning part will be getting used to taking great shots with the camera. The flying part is easy.
It's definitely a very fun hobby, albeit, expensive.

I said this about photography about 14yrs ago when I started in it.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Whats the cheapest drone with a quality camera? I'd budget more than 39$ but i dont want to go super crazy on one

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Whats the cheapest drone with a quality camera? I'd budget more than 39$ but i dont want to go super crazy on one
I have this one. Parrot Bebop. About 15 min of fly time, controlled with smartphone tho. shyt has gotten much cheaper recently, use to be over double that price. Video shots taken from it are great.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I feel like if I bought a drone it would die mid flight and I would lose it :yeshrug:
Depends your budget.
The expensive ones (DJI Phantom / Mavic Pro / among others) have plenty of indicators for the battery and have return home features.
I would be more worried about the phone dying mid flight then the actual drone battery.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Depends your budget.
The expensive ones (DJI Phantom / Mavic Pro / among others) have plenty of indicators for the battery and have return home features.
I would be more worried about the phone dying mid flight then the actual drone battery.
I wanna try the ones with the VR feature :ohhh:

Can't wait to see drones in 10 years

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I'm still messing with my cheap unit, my co-worker just bought one for $100 that has a camera and can hover and land all by itself. I really want the DJI Inspire 2, but for spending a few grand on it I need to seeing a return on it as an investment for photography.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yeah picking up one of these in the near future. Dope as fukk.
shyt looks like straight up movie footage... and it flies 4 miles and change away. gps return to home. face and body follow/circling techniques. 4k camera. and small enough to fit in a lunchbox.. it's truly fukking amazing for $900 (you'll want extra batteries tho)