Anybody Know How Long It Takes To Get Security Clearance Results??

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
i interviewed for a job not to long ago and one of the requirements is to get a security clearance. (its a delivery driver job and one of the stops is at Hartsfield airport in ATL which requires the clearance) its been exactly 1 week and 1 day since i went and got fingerprinted. the last thing the woman said at the airport was that they would contact the company when the results came back. i didnt think to ask how long that would be :snoop: and now im sitting here anxiously wondering am i still in running for the job or not cuz im not sure the timeframe for this. i assumed that it wouldnt take more than a week. can somebody fill me in?? :sadcam:

Sweet

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Um a security clearance takes more than a week to go through. They interview your current and previous neighbours. They interview people at your last job and people you went to college with. Sometimes they can't get in contact with the people right away. They aren't just gonna give it to you if they can't get in contact with the people. They pull your credit and if you have anything negative you have to explain it to them. My clearance took about 2 months or so to go through.