Anybody Know Any Tricks To Get Check Engine Light Off To Pass Emissions?

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
no that doesnt work cuz eventually it will come back on, if you have a 97 or up u can take it to auto zone and they will tell you the codes on why the check engine light is coming on, get the problem fixed and pass insection. sometimwes its as simple as a faulty gas cap

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I pulled the check engine bulb in my Caprice. When that bytch came on, I still drove it from Ohio to Illinois. To me, those light are inaccurate. Wasn't shyt wrong wit my car. I stayed highway drivin.

If somethin was wrong with your car, your own assumptions are better that that damn light

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Take the dash apart and pull the bulb for the check engine light out

Won't work because the test will still automatically fail.

I did this all the time.

Do either one of these:

Disconnect the battery for a minute or more and the CEL will stay off for a few days but it will come back on eventually.
Take it to autozone and have the CEL diagnostic test taken then the CEL light will turn off for a few days. And it will come back on eventually.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Go to a auto store and then get one of those obcd readers it will clear tjr code

Many times the code is like your car is driving lean etc

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I pulled the check engine bulb in my Caprice. When that bytch came on, I still drove it from Ohio to Illinois. To me, those light are inaccurate. Wasn't shyt wrong wit my car. I stayed highway drivin.

If somethin was wrong with your car, your own assumptions are better that that damn light
breh that check engine light been on continuosly over a year lol and it drives perfectly. jus moved to Atl area from a place that doesnt require emissions testing so this is all new to me. cant get my new tags till i pass emissions

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i take off the negative from my battery (i think negative) and then press the brake for a minute.
this resets the computer and turns off the light for days sometimes weeks at a time but i gotta reprogram my radio stations.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Put some honey where you would normally put refrigerant.

Blow the heater for 20 minutes and that ho gon cut off...

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
i heard disconnecting the positive on the battery for a few secs. havent tried it yet. does it work??
I unintentionally did this on my last emission check. My battery cable was frayed and my car would take several turns of the key for it to start up. I ended up going to autozone to buy a new battery connector (the metal ring around the top of the battery) and replaced the old one. I then went to my emissions place (check engine light had been fixed 2 days earlier by shop) and they informed me that i haven't driven enough. I told them i'd driven over 100 miles that weekend and it shoud've been fixed. Long story short, me replacing the battery terminal pretty much reset the info and i had to go back the next day to get my emissions passed (free of charge)