Anybody here ever been or in the navy?

Daps
I had a friend just ship out today. ive always been skeptical about the army in general because of the lies they tell you to get you in(like being able to play games all day and chill) and how some people talk about all the money their making only to come home broke :rudy: But on the other hand how is bootcamp? what exactly do you do during it and how is the navy in general. im not gonna lie i was kind of thinking about joining if it works out for him i got 2 years in college left but it seems like it would help me get a job in my field to(information systems)

Daps
I was actually an IT in the Navy (Information System Tech) and people were getting out after their enlistment getting 70k jobs with for the most part JUST the training they got while there were in. This was in 2000 though... I'd say finish college and see how things go.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
I had a friend just ship out today. ive always been skeptical about the army in general because of the lies they tell you to get you in(like being able to play games all day and chill) and how some people talk about all the money their making only to come home broke :rudy: But on the other hand how is bootcamp? what exactly do you do during it and how is the navy in general. im not gonna lie i was kind of thinking about joining if it works out for him i got 2 years in college left but it seems like it would help me get a job in my field to(information systems)

I always wondered how that happened.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Im in the Air Force, but I work with the Navy as well. If you want to do IT and put up with less BS overall join the AF instead. The Navy has a "on a ship mentality" all the time, meaning you do a lot of redundant tasks all the time in preparation for your ship duty. Inspections all the time, etc. Dont worry about basic, it only lasts for a few weeks out of the years you'd be serving. But basic is in a building that simulates being on a boat. Fighting fires and rocking back in forth n shyt. nikkas that are broke in the military are usually kids fresh out of high school with no sense, having $800 car notes, or party and ball all the time. Think about it, you get allowances for food, clothes, and rent. Then you get paid for just being alive. Free medical, dental, college. What you got to pay for other than a car or phone etc?

Daps
Im in the Air Force, but I work with the Navy as well. If you want to do IT and put up with less BS overall join the AF instead. The Navy has a "on a ship mentality" all the time, meaning you do a lot of redundant tasks all the time in preparation for your ship duty. Inspections all the time, etc. Dont worry about basic, it only lasts for a few weeks out of the years you'd be serving. But basic is in a building that simulates being on a boat. Fighting fires and rocking back in forth n shyt. nikkas that are broke in the military are usually kids fresh out of high school with no sense, having $800 car notes, or party and ball all the time. Think about it, you get allowances for food, clothes, and rent. Then you get paid for just being alive. Free medical, dental, college. What you got to pay for other than a car or phone etc?

ok yeah i heard some good things about the af. So far im just considering since i have 2 years left i was wondering if it could get a head start in my occupation even though jobs should be hiring in my field. If all those bills are being payed for you what exactly do you have to pay for when you get out of basic?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
ok yeah i heard some good things about the af. So far im just considering since i have 2 years left i was wondering if it could get a head start in my occupation even though jobs should be hiring in my field. If all those bills are being payed for you what exactly do you have to pay for when you get out of basic?

when you get out of basic and then A school; the Navy's technical training school where you learn how to do your actual job, then you get stationed somewhere to live and work. Unless you married you're not going to get the allowances at first. You will be living in the barracks (college dorm like) and eating there. You will only have the bills you brought with you when you joined, car note and cell phone. After about a year or so you'd be eligible to move out. Thats when you start getting all those allowances. The whole time you'd be getting your base pay though. You can look that up online. It depends on your rank how much that is. Im not telling you to join, but i just want you to know what it is. If you do join its a give and take. You can get a lot, but you also got to give back a lot of yourself. If you just trying to do IT you and you're already halfway done with school you might be better off just finishing that if you really not trying to do military shyt.